Steve Scott

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA, SCI, DSC, WSF, NSSF
Hunted
Cameroon, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, RSA, & Namibia. Argentina, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Czech Rep., Mexico, Mongolia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Spain, Turkey
CheekyJumbo.jpg

A friend of mine died quite unexpectedly. He left a wife and five children. He was respected professionally and an innovator in his field. He staunchly fought for the preservation of wildlife with both coin and deed. He was a good man who will be missed by many. And yet my friend’s death is celebrated by thousands who did not know him. Why? Because he was a hunter.

Tommy Knut Im so happy he died. All hunters deserves to die

Intellectually, I know the world is full of haters. I know most anti-hunters are either uninformed about the role hunting plays in this 7 billion-person world or chose to ignore facts and feign righteous indignation. But the magnitude of vitriol; the tsunami of unadulterated, black-hearted hatred spewed by these people is hard for me to get my cerebral arms around. The sheer weight of it all gives me pause to consider my own position on the issue. Could I have been wrong about hunting? If right and wrong were determined by majority-rules social media postings, hunting would have gone the way of the pager/beeper and New Coke long ago. Then I looked more closely at the harsh rebuke of the progressive masses and came to a startling conclusion: I differ from them.

@BFairthorne this news has literally made my weekend. Fantastic - truly fantastic.

It is not just that I differ with them. I do. But it is more than that. At my very essence, I am different from them and radically different, as I cannot imagine any circumstance in which I would ever behave as these people.

@UCLA_gym_fan_12 I wish there was video of his death. I'd watch it every day

A hunter dies and the social media mob celebrates. Not due to a personal beef; it is doubtful few if any even knew the man. They metaphorically spit or worse on his grave because this mob has an incredible animus for hunters. But it is nothing new. The antis have always hated us. At this point, I could go on ad naueseam about the necessity of hunting in the modern world and how the question of hunting’s benefit has been scientifically answered, but that is not my purpose today. The question is how do seemingly intelligent people ignore facts and respond to the matter of hunting in such an emotion-based way? But in the question lies a clue, as well as insight into how the animal rightist willingly embrace the slippery slope into depravity.

@Longball8 I'm almost positive he felt his eyes pop out his dumb f***ing skull. So happy this makes me.

Psychologists tell us mob behavior differs from that of the individual and it would appear the same is true on social media. One person makes a derogatory comment, then others join the fray until ultimately, the frenzied “piling on” grows at an exponential rate with individuals competing to post even more vile and odious comments than the one before. This kind of behavior is common with emotional issues and the pro-hunting mob can be just as awful as the antis, but only to a degree. This is the point where certain individual’s behavior deviates from that of a normal human. This dark, insidious element seems to reside exclusively in the camp of the antis.

Frank Solis ***k this ***hole, i wish he had died a slower death. I hope his wife and kids have to scoop him up

My friend’s death has proven there are those that despise hunting to such a degree, they cannot or will not separate the act from the actor. In their recalcitrant minds the act of killing an animal somehow transforms the hunter into an amoral entity. This judgmental objectification deprives the hunter of every facet of their humanity; their rights, dignity, and empathy forever denied in the eyes of animal rightist. But there is more. In addition to the hunter’s humanity being stripped away, apparently so too is the application of any law or social mores that would limit these anti-hunters behavior.

@DebbyHoleman Hope he lived long enough to feel his rib cage pierce his heart and his skull become squeezed and gurgle on his own blood.

In the anti-hunter’s quest to save life on this planet they wish death and worse for the hunter, yet

fail to see the irony. Their sadistic, callous desire to cause pain and suffering for those of us who do not share their values is indicative of incredible hubris and a depraved heart; a corrupt, judgmental, and immoral person who would happily sacrifice the lives of entire human families for that of a single animal. Their words:

@stinkaapjes Hope he suffered a lot and his family dies also painfull.

In my life I have never hated as these people do. Imagining my own nightmare scenario of losing a child at the hands of a depraved criminal, even at this lowest point of life, the depths of my hate would never spill over to the perpetrator’s family. Never. The hate of revenge is imaginable. The hate wishing pain and torturous death on the innocent is to me unimaginable. It is also how I know I am different from them.

Hannin Iktilat Stevenson Hope he suffered. Hope his wife cant pay the bills and an animal kills her on one of her hunts. Hope his kids get taken away…

There are certain core beliefs I hold sacred in my life: I believe in God; in the sanctity of human life; in love and happiness; in equality and freedom. I have another core belief, which now am questioning: the fundamental good of Man.

@KimKaosDK Its great news - I hope all his friends dies the same way - sooner the better

In a way, I should thank the antis. Their vile rhetoric has made me more jaded, more guarded now. It is not a mental stretch to imagine some of these corrupted souls transitioning from keyboard cowboy, to stalker, to imminent threat to my family and I shall take heed and plan accordingly. At this time in our history when we seem to enjoy nearly unlimited freedom, it is sad that friends cannot share thoughts freely amongst friends without self-righteous haters trolling and attacking words that violate their own personal values. Regrettably, that is the world in which we live today.

Raphaël Dupuis I hope he suffered before dying and I wish you the same.

So rest in peace, my friend. May the solace of God shield you from the slings and arrows hurled by those humans who have lost their humanity. And yes, I still believe in the fundamental goodness of Man…just not in every man.

@porterino I hope you get squished by an elephant too. And your family does. And anyone who knows you. You c**t.

50c869_62d7ce228468481ba01833d7d69a48b7~mv2.jpg

Steve Scott is an attorney, university lecturer, and producer of the Safari Hunter’s Journal and Outdoor Guide television series. @SteveScottTV

Eloquent, poignant, moving. Thank you for your thoughts and I am sorry for the loss of a good man.

I would like to quote one of his school friends post on this

"For my part, i am astonished how vindictive and cruel people can be towards their fellow human beings.....people seemingly get a kick out of another persons death, yet I have not seen one attempt to refute the reasonable .argument for the need for culling to protect all wildlife and its habitat......no person has even tried to deny that their own existence is directly the cause of many animals dying to provide you with the means of life.......everyone writing here is animal killers just by existing...you know it is true....so move out your home, don't use transport, dont eat anything...take off all you clothes, live in a tree and eat only leaves...then you can sanctimoniously criticize...unfortunately nobody will hear you, because you obviously cannot have a cellphone or laptop to write on....the raw material for it come out of mines and fabrics, where animals used to roam free.........or quite logically, walk
into the bush and offer yourself as a meal to a predator...then i'll believe you are really committed and not just a hypocrite"

Steve, the fact is that the antis are just ignorant, they only have an emotional point of view, but don´t have a clue about the facts of life in the countryside.

I just came back from a hunt in the north of Spain, where I had the opportunity to have long conversations with the local game rangers and farmers. They tell you about their farming land being laid to waste by burrowing boars, cornfield being eaten, sheep being attacked by wolves who are increasing their population because they are protected. Problems which could be solved by increasing hunting pressure.

But the antis will have none of it, I suppose they only communicate between themselves and just reinforce their own views in spite of the facts.

@Steve Scott, Very well said my friend, I am sure most of us would agree with your sentiments, we as hunters are different and would never stoop so low as to wish harm to any other's wife and family. We live in a sad sad world.

We regard the anti hunter as mutants I even invite them to come and try to do harm to me as they seem to think killing folks is making them a better person and is easy as we are "cowards" and have no fight........bring it on I say to them. You know what not a single taker. We should not try to appease them as they are obviously so far gone beyond human decency it would just wind us up. Just to equate the retorique they spout, if they were muslims they would be rounded up for inciting terrorism.
Markcz

They are as mention uninformed and full of hate for that which they do not understand.
But they were educated by Walt Disney to think animals are just like people.

The benefit we have with the internet and social media today comes with the nameless faceless cowards who wouldn't dare to say things like that in public, much less to your face. 30 or 40 years ago a person who said things like that would have been locked up in a looney bin and given electroshock treatments. Our biggest problem is that we have a government and courts that has streamed so far left as to give people free reign to say whatever they want without fear of consequences. At least we are starting to see progress on that front. (example kids who are bullied through social media and then commit suicide - they are trying to hold the posters accountable) I remember free speech being described as able to say what you want but don't yell FIRE in a crowded movie theater. I hope for my grandkids sake we make people accountable for stupid comments, especially threatening ones. Thanks for a thoughtful post, Steve.

Eloquently written prose Steve. You just verbalized what we all are feeling.

Thank You!

It totally bewilders me that those who proclaim to love can be so deeply full of hate. It is interesting that the more "civilized" people become the more many begin to devolve and become less humane.

Thanks Steve. Truly.

Well written. I have so many things I would like to say to all those folks who can post such vile comments while hiding anonymously behind a computer screen....

Superb my friend.

I truly believe the key to understanding this is understanding mob behavior. What we do about it is another issue. One of these sub-humans showing up at my front door might be a place to start.

Thank you for sharing, well written! The comments and thoughts/hatred from some people are astounding and shocking. Truly sad that some people can think this way.

The quickest way to lose all faith in humanity is to skim the comments section of any article on the internet. The average persons removed perception of hunting combined with the no consequences platform of the internet breeds this garbage and I don't see it ever improving. The funny thing is I'm a member of quite a few online forums and the only ones where the members treat each other with respect are those dedicated to hunting. As far as the anti's go I would say most are probably out of reach but I did convert one person to our side. I had a science teacher in high school that was a full blown PETA mouthpiece so when she saw my binder covered in dead deer and bowfishing pictures she pulled me to the side and expressed her displeasure. Like the salesman I am I asked her why she had formed her opinion and how much experience she had with the outdoors. Turns out her idea of a hunter was someone who entered the woods and commenced to killing everything that moved. After a few conversations I was able to show her the light to the point of her saying I could take her son hunting. Full disclosure, she did say she would leave her husband for me when I turned 18 (half jokingly) so this could have all been a ruse to get on my good side.

Very well done.

The hypocrisy is amazing especially when you ask them to consider that they're making enemies with someone willing to kill so irreverently and who has honed their skills to do so.

Thank you and well done. Bruce

Thank you ~ While I'm at it,I tried never to miss your show..One of the very best ever.

This at is core is a lack of respect for each other as human beings. The lack of religion in the home is another. Most of us grew up in or around the country. The values are still taught in the home and in schools. Organizations like 4 H, and the FFA are positive influences in people's lives. I relate it to the shootings in schools. That happens in the suburbs not in rural America. Rural America for the most part still teaches the values that once made our Nation great. I'm sad to think what our children will have deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg