Warthog Skeleton

What did you have to do to get them to clean the bones and not lose any? If dont mind me asking, what did the Taxi charge you to clean all the bones and keep track of them?
I teached them on the Farm how to clean them. They macerated the Skeleton in mesh bags and did the normal Dip & pack procedure.

If dont mind me asking, what did the Taxi charge you to clean all the bones and keep track of them? I think a muntjac or some of the Tiny 10 would be awesome.
I just payed the normal Dip & Pack prices for a plain Warthog skull (something about 70-80€). The Farm does the Dip&Pack itself and also manages the shipping. I would also have taken another species with me, but this Warthog had a nice shot with low damages to the skeleton.

I may be looking at it wrong, but are using something between the joints/spine? What is that? Seems you are well versed in this and i would potentially be a first timer doing this so i'm curious if biting off more then i should already lol

This is epoxy sculpt, which i use to recreate the intervertebral disks (i hope this is the right word for them in english) :)

If you take your time for such a project, its not impossible, even for a first timer

Really cool, unique form of taxidermy! A euro mount on steroids! Looking forward to the next installment!

On looking at the seco picture I said to myself “ I hope that guy likes jigsaw puzzles “. Apparently you do ! Good work

This isn’t something I’ve seen before. Should make for a very interesting mount.

So Iam almost done with the Skeleton :)
8e0de369-5d7a-42d7-a617-a08f26c6dfaa.jpg
IMG_0654.JPG

Super cool project - the finished skeleton is a real Talking Piece & even includes the little antenna tail!

Early season Namibia when the grasses are still tall the antenna tail zig zagging through the bush veldt is sometimes all you see - good memories!

Vielen Dank for sharing!

Happy Trails

Really like it! Well done!!

Now that is just cool. Well done!!

Very cool!

Too cool. I've never really considered that option for taxidermy.

On a related note. A few weeks ago I saw one of those auction shows on TV and someone had an Asian fruit bat skeleton in a case. We're talking many feet in width. It would have been a great conversation piece as this will surely be.

Nice job!

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I will be asking my PH if he would be willing to help me out with such a mount on this next hunt. I hope this is something I am up to the task of but it would be cool to do the mount of at least one animal myself and this might have a much lower learning curve than traditional taxidermy.

Very clean work!

I like it alot, good job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois