Warthog Handgun Hunt

observe

Contributor
AH ambassador
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
15,386
Reaction score
58,048
Media
141
Articles
35
Member of
SAHGCA [Skilled Hunter qualified-Cum Laude], Handgun Hunters Association of SA, SAGA, Primitive hunting [Spear @ Bow]
Hunted
R.S.A,Namibia,Venda
Handgun Hunting Warthog in Limpopo-my way....

After another morning [7-1] 6- hours of silent ambush hunting with my trusted 'backup' .357 mag [158 gr SWC] for a known, but very illusive 15-16'' , old ivory boar Warthog, I had to admit defeat once again to clever mister wheel-nose -- due to the swirling wind at times I suspect....

I did observe a group of 5 smaller warthogs antics at about 25 m for a while though, heard the Kudu bark close and unexpected behind me to let me know they found me in this game of hide-and-seek, before departing [sly like ghosts-I tell you!].

119203518_367610674399241_2263418533288413879_o.jpg

I was not ready at all for a nice big Duiker suddenly appearing out of the bush on my right at 10 m before also disappearing again without a sound like it has never ever even been there right next to me at all !

The abundant bird-life was a joy to observe and the sand-partridges feeding unsuspectedly only 2-3 m away was a real joy to watch!

Well, as always-it's the hunt and not the kill - that's more important to me while out there hunting ethically my way.....

Next time!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,370
Messages
1,574,389
Members
170,031
Latest member
BartDescot
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top