Warne mounts

btheis13

AH veteran
Joined
Mar 20, 2024
Messages
168
Reaction score
253
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
1
I'm the proud new owner of a M70 375H&H. I'm planning to buy a Leupold vx5hd 2-10 firedot scope for it. Most people recommend the Warne QD rings. I love the Warne rings and that's what I planned on using, but why the quick disconnect? What advantage does the QD offer over the Maxima?

Note: this rifle is for a future Kodiak Brown Bear hunt.
 
The difference is quick detach. Maxima can be detached and reattached but requires tool. The QD rings can be detached and reattached with your fingers. That can be important in crappy weather going after a wounded bear in thick alders. Switch to iron sights and put the scope in your pack.
 
@Ontario Hunter explained it.
I was just going to say, "You answered your own question."

QD's are niceties to have reguardless of what or where one is hunting as long as the rifle being used has iron sights. QD's are especially needed when hunting DG in the mix of hunting open areas mixed with thick brush. A scope even set at 1x doesn’t match the quickness of getting on target using iron sights when a second or two matters most, as in life or death.

Then there's always that "wait-a- minute" foot tangle that causes one to trip and land the absolute wrong way damaging the scope while stalking. Just detach the scope, go to iron sights, the hunt still has a chance of being successful.

No iron sights on the rifle.(?) Then there's a choice of the "lesser evils" or calling it quits.

With QD's the scope can be reattached without having to use up one's limited supply of ammo on a hunt to rezero as apposed to using fixed mounts that need to be checked everytime the scope is removed then replaced.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,346
Messages
1,573,628
Members
169,774
Latest member
AlisiaStei
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top