Wanted Slightly Used Heym Double Rifle In 450-400 Or 470 Nitro

Just checked with him (we are sitting in airport to leave Canada)…in typical hoarder fashion he said what would I replace it with? So he’s not selling yet. I’ve known him for 20 years and have never seen him sell anything. So false alarm…no Heym for sale.

Here is one I might let go…
Image1716036819.654352.jpg

HH

There is a used Heym 88 in 470 for in Tucson at Murphy's gun store. The wood is decent but not as nice as Hunting Hitman's. It has been there for awhile so they might deal. They had a few nice safari rifles from an estate going back about a year. They sold some of them by shipping them out of town so I know they will do that. Their phone number will show on the internet. Good luck.

Are you still on the lookout? I've got an 88b with 470 NE and 375 HH barrels. The 375 is scoped. Was getting ready to polish it up and list it for sale.

IMG_0528.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG
IMG_0530.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG
IMG_0533.JPG
IMG_0534.JPG
IMG_0535.JPG
IMG_0536.JPG
IMG_0537.JPG
IMG_0538.JPG
IMG_0539.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheLevitz, care to share a bit more about you since this is your first post. Also, a bit more info on the rifle would be helpful.

@TheLevitz, care to share a bit more about you since this is your first post. Also, a bit more info on the rifle would be helpful.
Absolutely, created an account on here with the intention of selling this particular rifle, and a few others from my collection. Saw this post and chimed in.

Based out of Dallas. 38 years old. Started hunting at 11. I've done safaris in Zambia and Tanzania. My go-to rifles are my 300 Jarrett, 338 Jarrett, and my 416 Rigby. All built by SG&Y. My total collection includes over 150 weapons, the majority of which are bolt action rifles and Sharps black powders.

Over the last decade I've been less and less interested in hunting. Originally, I planned to hang onto my whole collection. But, I just don't see the point in hoarding everything, especially rifles like my Heym. Might as well go to someone that would use it.

For the rifle itself, it was my father's before he died in 1999 (plane crash). It also had a set of 20 gauge barrels, but those were lost in one of our moves unfortunately. The rifle was built in '96, I believe. It was purchased new for $35k. The 470 NE barrels have a total about 100 rounds through them, and the 375 barrels have maybe 50. The rifle hasn't been fired since 2019, on the 20th anniversary of his death. Before that, I shot it once a year. It's always been cleaned and oiled before being put away. I'm meticulous with my rifles. The 470 NE barrels have taken ~15 cape buffalo, two hippo, two charging lions, a wounded leopard, and, well, a dik-dik.

What else would you like to know?

Thank you! Not saying that you are, but we've been hit many times by scammers selling high end rifles, and anything in between. We are suspicious when a new member shows up, and their first post is a for sale high-end rifle.

Thank you! Not saying that you are, but we've been hit many times by scammers selling high end rifles, and anything in between. We are suspicious when a new member shows up, and their first post is a for sale high-end rifle.

Oh I completely understand. The OP is based in Oklahoma, so I'd be happy to pop up there and meet in person at his FFL to finish the deal.

Hi @Buckmaster1, it looks like you have some good options here to acquire your Heym double. I have a Heym 88B in 450/400 and love it. I also have a 470NE double. I don't think you can go wrong with either caliber. If you are only going to hunt buffalo and elephant is not on your bucket list, and all else being equal, than the 450/400 is probably the way to go. But I would not turn down a good deal on a Heym in 470 NE. Good luck with acquisition and can't wait to see your hunt report for the buffalo!

Thank you for your reply I am getting some really nice opportunities just need to find the right one 450-400 would be my choice but there are some very nice 470 showing up. Thanks again

Absolutely, created an account on here with the intention of selling this particular rifle, and a few others from my collection. Saw this post and chimed in.

What else would you like to know?
I'd be interested to know what else you have that you are planning to sell?

I'd be interested to know what else you have that you are planning to sell?
I know there will be more. But for now:
Sharps 50-110
Sharps 45-90
338 Jarrett built by SG&Y
Two 300 Jarretts built by SG&Y
416 Rigby (honestly forgot who built this one and its not in my home safe)
A rare Guler vertical block rifle; likely asking north of $30k for it

Green Chile is correct in my opinion… the .450 NE is the real darling of the bunch. Good luck on search.

Reactions: ACM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerrellHib

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.