WANTED: Reasonably Priced No Trophy Lion Hunt

I’ve done a bunch of research and the big guy willing I’m headed to Benin in 21 for buffalo,roan,bushbuck and hartebeest. A lot will depend on what the terrorist situation there is at the time. I’ve reached out to several members here to see if anyone’s interested in coming along.

Who are you hunting with Johnny?

Pyrenean outfitters.

Reactions: WAB
Someone mentioned west african lion. Out of curiosity, what would be estimated budget for such hunt? Roughly?

Someone mentioned west african lion. Out of curiosity, what would be estimated budget for such hunt? Roughly?
You’d be in the 45-85 thousand dollars class.

Lion is not on the trophy fee list for my upcoming Cameroon Safari. There were good hunts in Burkina Faso in the past and I have a friend who got one. Burkina is out now as Isis has taken over the country. There may be other places with nonexportable lion.
To answer the question on this post it is only fenced RSA lions that could be considered a budget hunt. Lion is the pinnacle of hunting as far as I’m concerned and priced accordingly.

Contact Atacora Safaris: they could give you information on how much a lion hunt costs in Western Africa.

I'm curious on how the hell you managed to get a free range buff hunt that cheap!

Good day sir,

I went through most of the comments on here quickly, I used to hunt in Burkina before ISIS took it over... I hunted lion in Burkina and it is very similar to any hunt you would do on foot except no fences and the lion up in Western Africa does not have much mane. I have mainly hunted South Africa on lion so I can can compare the hunts very well with the experience I have. Burkina lion hunts used to be in the $25k to $35k bracket.

I have some good options in South Africa for you in larger areas than 12 000 acres and also have options in Benin which is right next to Burkina. I spoke to my people in Benin yesterday and as off yet it is still very safe to hunt there, as we all know situations in these countries can change any day though.

I have a Australian hunter in South Africa right now and have several references in Aussie that has hunted with me. If you are interested in any of my offers let me know and we can put something together for you.

Good luck with the planning and let us know of any questions you might have.

All my best,

Jacques

@Baz 500 , congratulations on being an Aussie. It just sucks we can’t import the trophy. There was a deal on non trophy Lion I think.
Good luck they are the coolest of the DG I reckon.
Who would not want one?
I hope you find a suitable deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GiuseppeMc

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you