WANTED: Need recommendations for Buffalo and Plains Game hunting outfitter for Zim

JamieD

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
life member NAHC NRA
Hunted
US, RSA, ZIM
If you've had a great experience with an outfitter who operates in Zim I'd appreciate some suggestions for someone to book with. Would love to hear from those who would book (or have booked) with the same outfitter again. If you would NOT book with the same outfitter I'd also appreciate a PM regarding this. Been burned and don't want a repeat performance.

If anyone also cares to throw out the best area(s) for hunting buff, sable and leopard in Zim I'm all ears. Sounds like the Zambezi Valley is great for buff/sable. Was hoping to stay closer to VF for the wife.

TIA!!

If you've had a great experience with an outfitter who operates in Zim I'd appreciate some suggestions for someone to book with. Would love to hear from those who would book (or have booked) with the same outfitter again. If you would NOT book with the same outfitter I'd also appreciate a PM regarding this. Been burned and don't want a repeat performance.

If anyone also cares to throw out the best area(s) for hunting buff, sable and leopard in Zim I'm all ears. Sounds like the Zambezi Valley is great for buff/sable. Was hoping to stay closer to VF for the wife.

TIA!!

Jamie, I would contact Tim Farren (tim416 here on AH). He is a booking agent for these folks: Mabalengwe Safaris | Matetsi Unit 1 Zimbabwe Africa

They're something like 45 minutes from VF and thus you can tour the falls while staying at the lodge. I've not hunted with them so I can't offer up direct experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

TIA!!

With no doubt the best hunting area in Zimbabwe for this trophies you have mentioned is Bubye Conservancy (Lemco).
In my point of view is far far away from other well known hunting area in Africa.
I went last year and never seen something like this before, I shoted a monster Leopard, Buffalo, Zebra (x3), Hyena, Wildebeest, Eland, Impala (x2) and saw thousands of plains game, a bunch of lions and lioness (we were chase by a big maned lion), cheetah, rhino tracks, elephants, nyala, monster sable (no quota left by the time I saw this monster)...
I had such a great time hunting in there with a PH friend of mine.
I have been hunting in Zimbabwe before several time and honestly there is nothing like this in the whole country. It bit more expensive than the average but ir really worth it, the trophy fees are not that expensive though.

If you need a PH to organize a safari in this country a can give the email of the PH I hunt with.

Touch Africa Safaris
US office: Terry Wagner

PO BOX 8, ORTING, WASHINGTON 98360
TEL: (253) 279-8583
E:MAIL: wagnerwwh@aol.com

WEBSITE: Touch Africa Safaris, Zimbabwe, Plains Game, Dangerous Game Safaris

LICENSED SELLER OF TRAVEL
ZIMBABWE TOUR OPERATOR LIC# HOP 0027

I will be going in April/may next year and we are looking forward to a good time with Jonathan the PH

Edit: Make sure that you let them know what size Buffalo you are looking for and they will do everything they can to fill your request.

Let Terry know that i sent you, and he will do a great job for you...

Check out Martin Pieters Safaris, they are a top notch operation, one of the best you will find in Zimbabwe.

We actually looked into them, however it appears they are booked for our time frame. We are still looking for more recommendations for outfitters/PH's.

I have hunted with Chifuti in Chewore in the Valley and hunted with Zambezi Hunters outside Gonarezhou where I was able to do some great elephant hunting. Johnny Hulme of Zambezi Hunters is a first class PH who I plan on hunting with again someday. I am going with Terry Anders of Forever Africa safaris to the Save in June for lion, buff, and pg. I am booked to go to Lemco in 2013 to take the family on a safari. For great buff and plains game I don't think you could go wrong with Lemco or the Save.

I hunted in both the Save and Lemco,... and to me Lemco is miles away from the Save in both quantity and quality, however the Save is such a nice place to hunt in.

I hunted in Lemco last year with PH Shaun Buffee and shot a big leopard, buff, hiena, eland,... and a lot more... we saw a lot of lions in there and we were chased by big maned lion... such a great exprience however I am still shaking...

I never hunted with John H. but I heard a lot of good things about him... I would hunt with him with no doubt.

Godd luck with this hunt in the Save... !!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg