WANTED: Namibia Hunt

Jamy Traut safaris. I hunted with them in 2018 and am returning this June. They are an excellent group!
Ditto, Jamy Traut. I hunted his Panorama camp in 2018. I didn’t hunt kudu but I saw some really nice ones. A 52” stood in the road, 30 yds away. Must have known I wasn’t after one.

Hi there, all you AH members. I wanted to start planning a 7 day hunt in Namibia for next season. I want to mainly look for a good Kudu bull and maybe one or two other plains game animals. Would anyone out there have any ideas on a good outfitter I can start with?. Thanks guys and gals, your help would be appreciated.

I would give Pieter Delport a look. I saw several shooter Kudu during my hunt, while holding out for a 55 inch class during my 2018 hunt. Saw one that Pieter said was 53/54 but not 55 in last 10 minutes of hunt so I held off. Not many PH can judge like that!
You will get a 50 inch plus with him and that’s a good one. I’ve shot several in that class. I’m returning to hunt with him in 2021.
Good luck!!

I would give Pieter Delport a look. I saw several shooter Kudu during my hunt, while holding out for a 55 inch class during my 2018 hunt. Saw one that Pieter said was 53/54 but not 55 in last 10 minutes of hunt so I held off. Not many PH can judge like that!
You will get a 50 inch plus with him and that’s a good one. I’ve shot several in that class. I’m returning to hunt with him in 2021.
Good luck!!

I hunted with Kowas in 2003. It was an exceptional hunt with an exceptional family and outfit. Danie and Anise Strauss were fully running the show then. Anise ran the house, lodging, food and camp staff. She was truly a professional and a most gracious woman. Danie, Jacques father was a PH- hunting with clients along with a native PH , John Christian. It was my second trip to Africa. I took Kudu , two Spring Bok, Blue Wildebeest , two Oryx, one 40" from the red sands of the Kalahari and a great Red hartebeest. There was a young lad there, age 10 or 11, that was hunting constantly after his school work. I believe he was home schooled then. He would go out daily with his 22 and stocked small game. Meerkats had invaded the area at that time and he loved the challenge to hunt them. One day when we were at camp he asked if I would go with him on the hunt. I needed no more of an excuse than this and went gladly. What I saw was an amazing young hunter with great natural ability and excitement for the hunt. Even as young as he was, he demonstrated ethics, fair chase and safety. His name was Jacques. His father and John Christian also had these high standards, both were my PH at times. I have been to Africa many times and I know that Namibia has many very high standard and quality PH's and Safari lodges . For me this was one of the exceptional ones. They made you feel welcomed and at home. You go to Africa, a place like Kowas, and you will dream of returning.

Hallo, we are situated in the North-West of Namibia, and have excellent Kudu bulls where we are.
We also have most of the Namibian Species on our property so that you dont have to travel far distances to shoot different animals.
Please send us an email to info@leopardlegend.com and we will work out a good deal for you (Quotation).
Let us know if there is any other information we can help you with. We will help with gun paperwork etc .

www.leopardlegend.com

I hunted Namibia in spring 2018. Beautiful country and people. I went with Pieter Delport of Eintracht Jagd Safaris.

It exceeded my expectations by a bunch
I had the time of my life and was treated so well.

I cannot wait to return, I shared a hunt report on here and hardly a day goes by when I don't recall the hunt. It was spectacular.

From a fellow Canuck
Craig Butler

contact Byron Hart (www.byronhart.com). He has the advantage of being a "free agent" PH that has hunted all over Namibia. He can get you on virtually any lands you wish. Absolute biggest Kudu I ever saw taken out of Namib was with Hentie Van Heerden. The drought has wreaked havoc on plains game in some areas so the free agency idea is a good one. Byron hunts on many of the lands mentioned above...Good Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
contact Byron Hart (www.byronhart.com). He has the advantage of being a "free agent" PH that has hunted all over Namibia. He can get you on virtually any lands you wish. Absolute biggest Kudu I ever saw taken out of Namib was with Hentie Van Heerden. The drought has wreaked havoc on plains game in some areas so the free agency idea is a good one. Byron hunts on many of the lands mentioned above...Good Luck!
Thank you my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, all you AH members. I wanted to start planning a 7 day hunt in Namibia for next season. I want to mainly look for a good Kudu bull and maybe one or two other plains game animals. Would anyone out there have any ideas on a good outfitter I can start with?. Thanks guys and gals, your help would be appreciated.
Crazy canuck.
My family hunted Namibia Sept to Oct last year had a ball. Check out my post on hunt reports hunting Osombahe Nord safaris run and owned by Harold and Liezel. You can check out the website as well.
There are lots of great outfits on the forum as well. Kowas safaris gets a great wrap as well as a lot of others. I have only hunted with Harald but the others sound good to.
Best of luck choosing I'm sure you'll have a great hunt with who you choose
Cheers mate Bob

Leopard in my avitar taken in Namibia. PM me for details if you like.

Dear @Crazycanuck grizman

Please feel free to contact us at kowasadv@iafrica.com.na if you would like to get some more info about Kowas.

P.S - The Kudu populations in our areas are still doing very well, and we managed to obtain an average of 54.5" in 2019.

My Best
Jacques

Thank you so much for all the wonderful comments...

You guys just made my day :A Thumbs Up:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristineGr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg