Wanted M-70 Winchester Custom African Express .375 H&H

Hi I am not into internet trivia. I will post a picture of the Gibbs & Original Rigby in the next week. I may also post a picture of the lack of a proper feed ramp on the current Rigby. If you were familiar with zimbabwes learners many are well into their 40s most do not qualify.

jeez take a chill pill, and i do know quite a few zim ph`s....:rolleyes:

I had one posted for sale here earlier this year (Custom African Express in 416 Rem Mag). I can tell you that I got my full asking price for the rifle with scope without any haggling if that helps for price ranging. Good luck on the search. I had looked for a 375 and a 458 in the Custom African for awhile and never made any headway. I found myself with two in .416 Rem Mag. I used one on a Dangerous Game hunt a few years ago so it is staying in the stable forever. I decided to sell my other earlier this year.

Hi vette,
Since you had a little success in locating your 416 Rem. would you have any suggestions on places to look or advertise for the .375 H&H? I understand that many of these were sold at SCI, I have given thought to putting a add in either the SCI mag or newspaper, although a little expensive, especially the magazine.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/951365893/MODEL-70-CUSTOM-SAFARI-EXPRESS-375-H-H.htm

Screen Shot 2016-12-08 at 8.04.25 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
416.jpg

Here's one for sale in .416 Rem Mag. - $5900 - drop me an email.

Attachments

• 416.jpg
    416.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 118
Hi I just happened to re-check this web site and swa you M-70. I wish to clarify if this is in fact a M-70 "classis custom "African" express. I am located in Zimbabwe and for some reason we cannot access gunsamerica? You can contact me directly at lekkerkry@hotmail.com

That rifle shown on GunsAmerica is NOT an "African Express" - It is a custom "Safari Express". Only some of the metal work is similar.

Here are the features it does NOT have.

It does not have the "Drop-Box Magazine" - it does NOT have the "Oberndorf Style Floorplate" - it does NOT have the "Handmade English Walnut Stock" - It does NOT have the "Shadow Outlined Cheek Piece" - it does NOT have the "Hand Rubbed Oil Finish" - it does NOT have the "Ebony Forend Tip" - it does NOT have the "Ebony Grip Cap" - it does NOT have the "22 lpi Hand Checkering" - it does NOT have the "Full Length Glass Bedded Action - it does NOT have the "Krieger Match Grade Barrel"

Also,

Most of the "African Express" rifles were factory fitted with scopes and recoil pads od choice.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: If you compare the pictures above of my African Express, with the pictures below of the Safari Express, you will see the difference. The Hand Made English Stock with the Drop-Box is the biggest difference.

Last edited:
That rifle shown on GunsAmerica is NOT an "African Express" - It is a custom "Safari Express". Only some of the metal work is similar.

Here are the features it does NOT have.

It does not have the "Drop-Box Magazine" - it does NOT have the "Oberndorf Style Floorplate" - it does NOT have the "Handmade English Walnut Stock" - It does NOT have the "Shadow Outlined Cheek Piece" - it does NOT have the "Hand Rubbed Oil Finish" - it does NOT have the "Ebony Forend Tip" - it does NOT have the "Ebony Grip Cap" - it does NOT have the "22 lpi Hand Checkering" - it does NOT have the "Full Length Glass Bedded Action - it does NOT have the "Krieger Match Grade Barrel"

Also,

Most of the "African Express" rifles were factory fitted with scopes and recoil pads od choice.

Hope this helps.

NOTE: If you compare the pictures above of my African Express, with the pictures below of the Safari Express, you will see the difference. The Hand Made English Stock with the Drop-Box is the biggest difference.
Agree. Most do not know the difference in these two rifles, but there is a big one. Not to mention the Safari Express is much easier to find than the African Express on the used market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross