WANTED: Looking for physically demanding hunt in Namibia. What are my options?

I don't blame you for picking Namibia, as it is my first choice also. If you do a google search on Kowas Safaris it will be well worth the effort. There is a fantastic hunt report on Kowas on another big forum, posted by a 10 safari veteran that is well worth the effort to read.

I got a good chuckle.
So much for anyones concern about shameless self promotion.

I'm interested in other replies or more advice. (Who is Jerome?)

africahunting.jpg

Ozondjahe Hunting Safaris Namibia

Climb this damn things and see how you feel at the top. :)
IMG_0754.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year, I spent six days in the Kalahari, southeast Namibia, hard by the Botswana border. While generally flat, I spent six days walking in sand and up and down sand dunes, glassing and stalking. This was not walking on the beach in your barefeet, but up and down dunes that were probably 300-500' tall, carrying a rifle and pack - get to the top, crouch and look, leopard crawl and belly crawl. I'm in decent shape and I lost 8 pounds during the hunt. I'd bet an expensive lunch any outfitter in Namibia will put together a hunt where you will walk your a$% off if that's what you want to do. I saw pics of hunting Zebra in the mountains - while not particularly high elevations, I saw lots of boulders and rock that would make any hunt there on foot, a real challenge.

You may have some mis-conceptions about spot and stalk hunting in Africa - I leopard crawled for 40 minutes to get inside of 200 yards to kill a Rowland Ward red hartebeest. I never leopard crawled for any animal I've killed in the Western US or Alaska.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Thanks again, guys. I do appear to have some misconceptions, and I'm more optimistic now after reading the replies.

I'll continue to do research.

I have to agree, there are plenty of great opportunities in SA as well, you just have to seek them out.

I too love that style of hunting and have had the pleasure of hunting several places just like you are looking for with CT-Safaris.

www.ct-safaris.com

Chris hunts plenty of low fence free range areas as well as large high fence concessions as well if the hunter likes. On foot, glassing or from a vehicle depending on the client and situation. Like most operators, as long as you relay your expectations prior to your hunt, he will set up a hunt exactly as you want it. If things are straying from your "vision" let your PH know and he will do his best to get "back on track" so to speak.

Don't count high fence areas out either though, some are very large (good luck walking across them in a day). I have left plenty of sweat on the ground of both high and low fence concessions, I have also had simple no brainer hunts on both as well. These are not the small enclosures we have in NA.

I guess what I am saying is talk to some outfitters and be specific about your needs and you will be surprised how easy it is to find exactly what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross