Wanted Left Hand Winchester M70 Safari Express .375 H&H

Built on a Sako action but I would have to seriously consider this custom rifle even at the Buy It Now price.

I mean....
Krieger Barrel, HS Precistion Stock, Timney trigger and a Zeiss scope for $2500???

It it was a Righty I would have already bought it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.03 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.04 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 8.31.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 68
Kind of the other end as a setup from a Safari Express, but that's a deal right there. The value of the Zeiss alone is substantial.

Kind of the other end as a setup from a Safari Express, but that's a deal right there. The value of the Zeiss alone is substantial.
Yea, aesthetics wise it is far from the classic African rifle.

But it is a steal for what the build is. I would assume that it was blueprinted when they put the Krieger barrel on.

It took me a year of diligent searching to find a NIB LH M70 in .375 H&H. I paid $2500 two years ago. Added dropped magazine and bottom metal. Finishing restock job now.
Good luck in your search.

Yea, aesthetics wise it is far from the classic African rifle.

But it is a steal for what the build is. I would assume that it was blueprinted when they put the Krieger barrel on.
Definitely looks like a great deal on a good rifle but I’m pretty set on the classic lines of the model 70 with express sights. Appreciate the heads up though!

It took me a year of diligent searching to find a NIB LH M70 in .375 H&H. I paid $2500 two years ago. Added dropped magazine and bottom metal. Finishing restock job now.
Good luck in your search.
Thanks! I’m curious as to just how many of this model they made, couldn’t have been very many. I even emailed Winchester to see if they would consider making a one off for a bit of a premium much as Weatherby custom shop does or another run of lefty’s. Customer service said they don’t do any custom work but offered to pass that along to their team. I think my best hope is to keep up my searches on here and gunbroker. I’ve also been checking Cabela’s gun library.

I found mine on a local fishing bbs in Washington state. Google is your friend.

Definitely looks like a great deal on a good rifle but I’m pretty set on the classic lines of the model 70 with express sights. Appreciate the heads up though!
I get it :)

I was just trying to help you and saw that and went "WOW....that looks like a pretty good deal" so I figured I would throw it over the fence.

No problem!

I have been itching for a foul weather .375 I could use in North America and keep my Super Express clean.... so if that had been a righty I would have snagged it and not told anybody LOL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.25 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.26 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 7.49.28 AM.png
    582 KB · Views: 56
@Harryc102 where are you and the rifle located? Any photos?

Built on a Sako action but I would have to seriously consider this custom rifle even at the Buy It Now price.

I mean....
Krieger Barrel, HS Precistion Stock, Timney trigger and a Zeiss scope for $2500???

It it was a Righty I would have already bought it.

Two things! number one - I actually ended up buying that rifle and goodness gracious it is a sweet shooter. I also have a beautiful LH 375 H&H Super Express I would let go for the right price.

Two things! number one - I actually ended up buying that rifle and goodness gracious it is a sweet shooter. I also have a beautiful LH 375 H&H Super Express I would let go for the right price.
Thanks, I ended up buying the rifle Harryc102 posted above. Great guy to do business with and it is a wonderful rifle. I had Briley add a Silvers recoil pad to give it the classic look. Just need to get it over to Africa for a hunt now!

Not sure if anyone is still searching but I currently have a beautiful Left handed Winchester M70 Safari Express 375 H&H im looking to sell. Comes with a Leupold Vari x iii 1.5-5x20 scope and Leupold quick detail scope mounts and rings. If anyone is interested I can send them some info and pics. Thanks Hunter (360)508-4283

Last edited:
I have this LH Dakota Model 76 338 for sale for $6,000.00 without the Z8i Scope but can be included for $3,300 additional.

IMG_1427.jpeg
IMG_1425.jpeg
IMG_1424.jpeg
IMG_1423.jpeg
IMG_1428.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if anyone is still searching but I currently have a beautiful Left handed Winchester M70 Safari Express 375 H&H im looking to sell. Comes with a Leupold Vari x iii 1.5-5x20 scope and Leupold quick detail scope mounts and rings. If anyone is interested I can send them some info and pics. Thanks Hunter (360)508-4283
How much are you asking for the rifle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayadelhi01

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.