Wanted Browning Superposed 20g

Midas8000

AH member
Reaction score
Still looking for a Browning Superposed 20 gauge possibly .410 also

Shoot me a pm

Thanks

There are 18 Browning Superposed 20 bore shotguns available on GB at the moment. Price range is all over the board, but I'm sure you can find something that will work for you.

I had two 20 gauge Supers, both 28" solid rib barrels. Sold one to a friend and keeping the other - a 1957 gun factory choked IC/IM.

These are great shotguns and undervalued in the market.

When I was in Scheels, Colorado Springs CO, a week or two ago, they still had a couple used Superposed in the case; I'm pretty sure 1 was a 20ga. They do not put used guns on their website; you have to call to see what they have. But the 2 managers that I have dealt with are more than happy to help (and can dicker a bit, especially on inventory they've had for a long time, like these Superposed) either on the phone or in person.

Thanks! Would rather purchase from a private party though
??? GB is mostly private party and you have to ship either way into a dealer so ??? You mean you are hoping to get a killer deal of one of the old boys here on AF! LOL! Dont blame you there! LOL! Surprised no one has come forward with one. Im an over under guy and i am always on the snoop so ill keep my eyes open but GB has some great deals if you are a bit patient and keep your eyes open.

Lol. I’ve watched GB and most all I’ve seen are FFL companies/pawn shops. I’d rather purchase from someone that isn’t just trying to make the sale. Not looking for a killer deal at all just looking for a superposed at fair price. Nothing else. Thanks!

I misspoke as far as private sellers vs ffl's go #s wise and what i should have said is that there are plenty of high end private sellers on GB if for some reason thats what you prefer. Ive got a list of private sellers that i have dealt with over the years as well as ffl holders/dealers and as long as you are taking the second or two it takes to check feedback ratings then its safer to buy from a dealer in the end anyway. Shipping has become expensive and insurance payouts on damaged guns are getting harder to collect so when dealing with a private seller/shipper it would a nightmare if there were any issues. I know of a couple guys that are months into trying to collect on damaged rifles from UPS and both bought from private sellers that shipped themselves. FFL holders/dealers are less likely to have problems collecting in the end. Any purchase you make here has to end up at an FFL holder in your home state regardless as far as firearms go.

IVe got hundreds of deals done on GB on some pretty darn nice guns at solid prices without a single issue. Checking the AF for a good deal makes sense, but to cut out GB based on that reasoning...??? LOL! Again, HUNDREDS of deals without issue. In the end though...The great thing is that we are all free individual American citizens and can do as we like.

AND...those sellers with great feedback have that feedback for a reason and they strive to keep that fantastic feedback as thats what gets them business.

Last edited:
For those wondering...Browning still offers the Superposed through their custom shop, but you will have to pony up if you want one. You won't be spending Kolar or Krieghoff money, but you'll have a nice piece. I didn't even know it was still offered until I read it in one of the gun mags just a couple of months ago (I think it was Shotgun Sports). The article indicated that lead times were 2-3 years in some cases. How sweet would it be to have tight hinges Super though? Gosh...I'm palpitating just thinking about it...

I've probably bought (and sold/traded) a dozen Super 20s over the years. I have paid as little as $800 and as much as $4000, but most were under $2000. Those guns that have been re-finished, have replacement butt plates or pads, been re-choked, etc. bring a lot less than collector examples. They are still fine shooting guns.

They are where you find them and you need to be ready to buy at that time. Last I checked, a new Belgium-made Super 20 was well north of $10K.The used ones are a bargain. I like the early Super 20s - they have 2-3/4" chambers and the barrels are lighter weight. They move better than the later, heavier guns. These guns would have been made between 1949 and about 1955-56 (serial numbers from 200 to about 10,000 or so) . Long tang, round knob and no gold triggers, which are ugly IMO.

Last edited:
Photos re the PM

DSC_2437 (2).JPG
DSC_2438.JPG
DSC_2439.JPG
DSC_2440.JPG
DSC_2441.JPG
DSC_2443.JPG
DSC_2444.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cazhino90

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg