Wanted African Creations Shooting Sticks (3 Piece)

hunt 65

AH senior member
Reaction score
Member of
NRA./ SCI./ Local Hunting & Shooting Club
Hunted
South Africa 1, United States
Looking for African Creations Shooting Stick tri (3 piece)

Thanks, prefer used

Sorry guys, meant general WOOD shooting sticks

I think we have owned or tried every set of commercial shooting sticks that are and have been on the market. You won't find better than the Shooting Sticks from African Sporting Creations.

Safe hunting

I have the wooden sticks, they are beautiful but not practical as the carbon fiber ones. I purchased those too.

If I did not have any, I would seriously consider the Stable Sticks and get the additional third stick.

Mine are carbon but I'd sell them. PM me if you're interested

I used the wooded one for 12 days in Zim. They worked so well my PH tired to buy them. Unfortunately for him they needed to stay with me

I have a set I’m not using. Tripod, 2-piece domestic wood sticks, like new. $200.

IMG_0012.jpeg

That's the one I have been using for years. Already in my Pelican travel case for tomorrow's flight.
Good luck on your hunt Tanks, thanks.

You can make a set for about $25.00 using six pieces of1/2" hardwood dowel, and either a piece of 1/2" EMT or three1/2" copper repair couplings. I used the EMT because it is much cheaper. I cut the EMT into 12" pieces. I then bought a rubber drive belt for a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner. I used a short screw to permanently fasten a piece of the EMT to the bottom leg which I kept full length i.e.36". The upper leg gets shortened to suit. The three upper legs are held together by the rubber drive belt. This set up works and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. BTW it packs and or travels very well.

You can make a set for about $25.00 using six pieces of1/2" hardwood dowel, and either a piece of 1/2" EMT or three1/2" copper repair couplings. I used the EMT because it is much cheaper. I cut the EMT into 12" pieces. I then bought a rubber drive belt for a Kirby Vacuum Cleaner. I used a short screw to permanently fasten a piece of the EMT to the bottom leg which I kept full length i.e.36". The upper leg gets shortened to suit. The three upper legs are held together by the rubber drive belt. This set up works and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. BTW it packs and or travels very well.
I really can’t imagine spending $400 on a set of wood shooting sticks. You’d get 16 attempts at $25 to build yours. Do you have any photos of yours?

I really can’t imagine spending $400 on a set of wood shooting sticks. You’d get 16 attempts at $25 to build yours. Do you have any photos of yours?
Yes, photos would be helpful.

Thanks, prefer used

The last used set on this forum sold for $25 less than new. Just an FYI.

At any rate, the XL models are for people 6'2" and above. Its what i use. They are good sticks, but the longer ones only come in Hickory so they have less flex. Personally, I wouldn't own the other hardwood options on their economy line because they flex quite a bit.

I dont' know anything about the $600-$1000 models using exotic zebrawood and the like, and whether they have excess flex.

Are there any issues with TSA shipping in same case with firearm(s)?

Are there any issues with TSA shipping in same case with firearm(s)?
Officially, you should not. Unofficially, I've put the sticks in my 3-gun case 14 trips to Africa and never had an issue. But I don't tempt fate by putting anything else in the case that is confusing to the x-ray operator that could result in them pulling my bag off the plane, thus ruining my hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillianPet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.