Wanted A Nice .458 Lott (Or .416 Rigby, Rigby) For First African Safari Hunt This July. Thanks!

I have a .458 Lott Dakota for sale on Guns International.
Consigned with First Stop.
Its already to go with Zeiss scope and ammo sighted in and shoots MOA at 100. GI# 102590187..

I have a .458 Lott Dakota for sale on Guns International.
Consigned with First Stop.
Its already to go with Zeiss scope and ammo sighted in and shoots MOA at 100. GI# 102590187..

Wow, that's a beauty! Good luck with the sale. (y)

I've got a CZ-550 458 Lott I was planning on listing here this week-end. Has had AHR treatment (#1, iirc.) and has decent factory wood on it. Feeds 350gr Speers, 500 gr round-noses and TSX wonderfully; it'll handle fast and furious cycling no problem. Comes with 2 boxes factory loaded ammo, 100 or so unfired and 30ish once or twice fired ... haven't counted any of these up yet, exact numbers tbd ... and Redding dies. Going to ask 2500 for it.

Doesn't include a scope, but I think I've got a set of Talley 1" low QD rings that'll fit the CZ receiver that I could throw into the mix.

There are several Ruger RSM 458 Lotts on GB (3) and Guns International(1).
Ruger rifles are a good deal but their big bores seem to have a tendency to crack the stock at the back of the action where it meets the wood. At a minimum, I’d want detailed pictures of that area.

Of course this could be easily fixed with a fiberglass/laminate stock and bedding job, but this also adds cost.

A lightly used CZ550/BRNO602, Kimber, MRC or Winchester M70 would be great options for CRF actions.

Thank you all! After a couple days consideration (and rest), I’ve decided on a .416 Rigby that I was able to sleuth down.

Keep Your Powder Dry,

JW
Pics when you have a chance.

Nice. I keep haunting the classifieds as well as GB and GI looking for the "one" :)

There is a nice 375 Sako listed on GB that would be a good all around (Africa/Alaska) rifle IMHO

Lol, yes - gathering the humor here: frankly, I’m looking for 416 rigby ($13-16k) and little brother coming with me is looking for Lott, with budget $1500-$2500. Thanks!
Have either you ever shot those calibers? They are NOT pleasant to shoot! I strongly suggest you try them before committing to purchase. Personally, unless you're hunting elephants, I would recommend 375 H&H. Just about everybody will agree I think. Even your PH.

I had a 416 RM several years ago. Fun....no, but as long as you were not shooting off the bench (read standing) it was not that bad. Kind of like getting hit by Mike Tyson when shooting off the bench :)

Check this out:

Attachments

• Advanced Search Results.pdf
    533.5 KB · Views: 24
I have a Ruger 375 #1 on Guns Internation in your price range.

I have both 458 Lott and 416 Rigby in CZ 550 with Leupold VX5HD and QD rings on each if you are interested. Send me a PM and we can discuss.

Several people ask for pictures of my Brno ZKK 602 in 458 Lott.

Attachments

• IMG_4866.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4867.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4868.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomaineBar

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.