Wanted 500 Jeffery Brass

OzarkSafariGuy

AH member
Reaction score
Just started building a 500 Jeffery.
Going to need some brass, new or once fired is fine.
Don't need much, just enough for some practice, so I can save the factory ammo for hunting.
Thanks!

Ozark - I've been looking too. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers are producing any new cases? Or is whatever is available only in the secondary market? Wondering if folks have shifted to more common calibers during this supply chain crunch.

So I contacted Norma, asking if the 500 Jeffery was discontinued. They responded quickly, great customer service as usual. They are still making it, but apparently demand is much higher than it usually is.
They put me in contact with their US representative, who I am waiting on a response from.
I figure its worth the wait, when it comes to dangerous game rifles, to get good brass.
Ozark - I've been looking too. Does anyone know if any of the manufacturers are producing any new cases? Or is whatever is available only in the secondary market? Wondering if folks have shifted to more common calibers during this supply chain crunch.

While inconvenient, this actually makes me hopeful. If people are buying the brass faster than norma makes it, then we may be seeing a renaissance in classic cartridges.
I know the ammo selection for 375 H&H and 425 WR has improved quite a bit in the last few years.

I rep for Norma in the USA. They have it in the warehouse in the master box. I also have a 500 J and have been bugging my sales manager for about a month now trying to get them to break it out into shooters packs and get it on the market. The problem is they are receiving and shipping record amounts of ammo coming in from Europe every day. Be patient, it will get done soon hopefully.

Thanks for the reply, good to know its out there, even if I cant get my hands on it. I just bought a box of their PH loaded ammo so I dont end up with a gun and no ammo, but Im definitely going to grab some of the brass when available, since 12.50/shot isnt exactly range ammo lol.

@OzarkSafariGuy

There's one box of 20 here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 9.39.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 9.39.03 AM.png
    488.2 KB · Views: 63
Hey, thanks!
I just checked it out, they appear to be an australian site, but I'll try placing an order anyways.

Just looked, they do ship to the US, but after international shipping charges they're over 10 dollars per round, so I think I may just stick to buying loaded ammo for 12 each.
I appreciate the heads up though!

I rep for Norma in the USA. They have it in the warehouse in the master box. I also have a 500 J and have been bugging my sales manager for about a month now trying to get them to break it out into shooters packs and get it on the market. The problem is they are receiving and shipping record amounts of ammo coming in from Europe every day. Be patient, it will get done soon hopefully.
Any luck on the brass? just put in an order for an ol jeff as well and have been on the hunt for some . Can't wait to detach my retinas and never want to shoot it again!

Any luck on the brass? just put in an order for an ol jeff as well and have been on the hunt for some . Can't wait to detach my retinas and never want to shoot it again!
No luck, unfortunately. I'm on permanent backorder from optics planet, but I don't have much hope.
I'm guessing that it is discontinued, and the Norma guy just didn't want to say that.
So my plan is to just buy from RCC despite previous experiences with them.
If you want to split their minimum order of 50 pieces, that would come out to 25 each, at about 270 dollars depending on shipping.
I figure I don't need 50 pieces of brass lol.

Ozark: I would be interestd to know your experience with RCC either by post or PM.

A few years back, me and some of the guys at the shop built a rifle as a retirement gift for my boss.
No expense was spared, it was a really nice rifle, had a custom case made, we made the dies.
Local reloading store told us that RCC was the best brass we could buy, so we did.
Loaded up some ammo for him, with premium bullets.
And half the necks were cracked before the third firing, some cracked on the first.
He ended up buying some cheap Australian stuff that worked just fine, other than a ridiculous amount of dented cases from shipping.

A few years back, me and some of the guys at the shop built a rifle as a retirement gift for my boss.
No expense was spared, it was a really nice rifle, had a custom case made, we made the dies.
Local reloading store told us that RCC was the best brass we could buy, so we did.
Loaded up some ammo for him, with premium bullets.
And half the necks were cracked before the third firing, some cracked on the first.
He ended up buying some cheap Australian stuff that worked just fine, other than a ridiculous amount of dented cases from shipping.
thats all ive heard about them as well. I think im going to pray that the norma stuff eventually makes its way through, ive got it on preputial backorder with optics planet and euro optics

Likewise with the backorder on optics planet. Ordered it in July, but don't figure I'll ever get it. Not super worried cause they said they don't charge my credit card until it's back in stock

Midway just had it for a hot second but looks like that all got snagged already.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.31 PM.png
    795.9 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.33 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 52
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.35 PM.png
    515.8 KB · Views: 42
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 3.17.38 PM.png
    319 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErrolKish0

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.