Wanted 450/400 X 3-1/4" NE

Canadaboy

AH member
Reaction score
I’m looking at a 450/400 3-14” NE Farquharson. Ammo and brass are both very scarce. I think I’ve read somewhere that it is possible to rechamber the 450/400 3-1/4” to 450/400 3” and that this was sometimes done to clean up pitted chambers in older 3 inch guns.

Can anyone give me so insight into how feasible this may be to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably avoid trying to rechamber the gun. Best just to find some 3.25" brass.

Yes, I was looking at the one at Elwood Epps. I recently got a .404 from AHR so I don’t really need it….. but it would be fun

I have no idea why this was moved to the Classifieds forum….. it’s not a wanted ad…. Could we please move it back ?

I have been looking at that gun for the last 10 years(via their website)…I think it is pretty darn cool gun. The only thing that prevented me from taking it any further was a friend’s comment that the inside of the barrel looked like a drain pipe. I can’t attest to the accuracy of the statement due to being located in BC, but I would definitely try to have a look at it in person of have someone you trust give it a once over!

If you buy it please let me know! I would love to hear how that old girl shoot.

Good to know. If the bore is that rough I’d be better off putting the money towards a buffalo hunt and putting my new .404 to good use.

Good to know. If the bore is that rough I’d be better off putting the money towards a buffalo hunt and putting my new .404 to good use.
Well if that's the choice, either way you'd be better off doing the Buffalo hunt:)

I still like it and I don’t want to dissuade you from buying it, the info on the bore is second hand. I just think it’s worth making sure the bore is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeMo

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you