Wanted 404 Jeffrey Or 470 NE

If Mr. Rowland Ward shows up at no less than 150 yards away, I would have a hard time (I wouldn't even try) making the shot with a DR in .470.
He is looking for a buffalo rifle. Furthest one I ever shot was last year at about 60 yards.

Then he will also need a gun rack for his Lamborghini. :D
Yea you are of course correct again.

He should re-barrel an Arisaka that was dug out of the mud and brought back. He could just get some long deck screws and attach a pieces of 2x4 to increase the LOP. Probably get it all put together under $800 and have a 404 Jeffrey!

Buffalo.....means 400 caliber so 404 Jeff or 416 Rigby.......there will be pg involved . . I would look at 375 H&H, 404 Jeff or 416 Rigby all 3 will do buff and pg with the 375 H&H being the most versatile as an allrounder....forget about the 470 NE......

Two pages, no budget target from the OP.

PM if you'd like, I know where a few examples are in the $30,000-$300,000 price range, and I know where some unusable, unreliable, broken ones are for $4000.

Budget sets the tone for what is the best gun for the money amongst the calibers stated, with the requirement of killing buffalo.

Hint: amongst the three, 416 Rigby rifles will the highest quality at the lowest price of the three choices, all things being equal. (supply/demand)

.404 Jeffery is too hard to find ammo or components
In general you are right. But, if you have enough patience you can still grab components for a reasonable price.

I bought 50 pieces of new norma brass for approx. 300$ last week :)

I would always choose a .404 out of the three mentioned choices...

If you going to hunt 1 maybe 2 buffalo and pg there should only be 1 choice 375 H&H with the right bullet.....

I have 404j aswell as 416 Rigby,450 Rigby
Rigby is NIB cz 550 magnum. Brass,dies,bullets.
404j is unfired Montana elite with engraving and gold inlays with ammo , brass,dies,bullets.
If interested PM me. 450 Rigby in three different brands.
Krish
i have seen pictures of Krish 404J. Beautiful gun!!!!!!

Not all of us.
pat vignette.JPG

:D

Hint: amongst the three, 416 Rigby rifles will the highest quality at the lowest price of the three choices, all things being equal. (supply/demand)

I disagree... The OP did not differentiate which of the 416's he is considering. I would argue the lowest priced of the Classic looking 416's is likely a Winchester M70 in 416 Rem Mag. Even lower cost woukd be a Ruger M77 Hawkeye in 416 Ruger.

It is notable that the OP has 2 posts and not been back... His post with lack of details is reminisce of a Facebook post;)

Build a .404-375 h&h if you like the bullet…
ive been really considering this lately!
I want a Jeff in the worst way but the lack of components is an issue. I am still considering building one and just making it a couple years goal…putting it up on an auction site afterwards;) hahaha

(I speak from a total lack of experience as far as Africa goes…)

Build a .404-375 h&h if you like the bullet…
ive been really considering this lately!
I want a Jeff in the worst way but the lack of components is an issue. I am still considering building one and just making it a couple years goal…putting it up on an auction site afterwards;) hahaha

(I speak from a total lack of experience as far as Africa goes…)
A build is a good idea , it takes a while and you should be able to gather components whilst you wait…mine took about a year all together. Nothing fancy but it works for me.
IMG_2816.jpeg
IMG_2150.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristaGul

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.