Want To Buy Ruger .416 Alaskan & Ruger .458 Lott

Treemantwo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello. I’m still looking for a Ruger .416 Alaskan...preferably without a muzzle brake...,and
Ruger M77 .458 Lott.
Thanks !

When you get your Alaskan, 79.1 grains of W760 with Barnes Banded Solids is a good starting point. Top two plates are Barnes. Bottom plate is 400 grain Dead Toughs. 5 round groups at 100 yards. No cooling allowed, off a bench with no lead sled, toe bag - just a rest.

I have one of the Alaskans you are seeking - you ain't getting mine! Great gun! Keep looking for it!

416 Ruger - 20JAN21.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you find them anymore they are going to be 2500+. How ever it is your choice. I do have a few in my collection. One of them NIB WITH ALL THE PAPPER WORK I paid $2900.00. Keep looking you will find one but may take some time.
Krish

When you get your Alaskan, 79.1 grains of W760 with Barnes Banded Solids is a good starting point. Top two plates are Barnes. Bottom plate is 400 grain Dead Toughs. 5 round groups at 100 yards. No cooling allowed, off a bench with no lead sled, toe bag - just a rest.

I have one of the Alaskans you are seeking - you ain't getting mine! Great gun! Keep looking for it!

View attachment 385209
That the one I sold you, looks like a shooter and glad you're happy with it.
Mark

Yes it is - sorry - just spotted this question.

If you find them anymore they are going to be 2500+. How ever it is your choice. I do have a few in my collection. One of them NIB WITH ALL THE PAPPER WORK I paid $2900.00. Keep looking you will find one but may take some time.
Krish
$2,500 for a Ruger Alaskan in 416 Ruger?

I’ll build a .458 Lott before paying inflated prices. I understand fair market value, but to foster price gouging by buying overpriced firearms and ammunition just prolongs the abuse. I’ll be patient ...or build one.
I agree. But it is like stock market. Supply and demand, market trend. I won't call it price gouging. If it is price gouging then every thing else like real estate, gold, extra exetr. some tighten their belt and invest while others are feasting and have a good time.
My .02 cents. Can't have the cake and eat it. WHEN A LAWER OR DOCTOR CHARGES 500 DOLLARS FOR A SMALL SERVICE WE DONT SAY ANYTHING. BUT WHEN A PLUMBER, ELECTRICIAN, OR PAINTER CHARGES THE SAME PEOPLE SAY IT IT IS DAY LIGHT ROBBERY. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

FREE ENTERPRISE.
Krish

Last edited:
If one want to listen to music, you have to pay the piper . Noise is free.

You may be right, but as gun owners...outdoorsman, we should do a better job with policing and taking care of our own. Ammo prices will only come down when WE refuse to buy.

Has gas pricess come down !
Real estate come down!
Has Gold and silver come down !
NO
metal prices and manifacturing I don't see it coming down. Labour is only going up. We very seldom see pricess coming down.
Krish.

2.5K for a Ruger? Yikes......
Why a Ruger?

I’ll build a .458 Lott before paying inflated prices. I understand fair market value, but to foster price gouging by buying overpriced firearms and ammunition just prolongs the abuse. I’ll be patient ...or build one.
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to price gouge on an auction. The buyer determines what they're going to pay, not the seller.

For a Ruger RSM NIB
That I believe
If that is the price it is because it is the market rate. If you can not find one cheaper it is because that is the market rate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg