W.J. Jeffery back in business!

Hi @Jackman , welcome to AH.
Such beautiful rifles! From what I can see on your website it appears the double square bridge model shown is milled for Smithson QD mounts. Is this the standard configuration?

Beautiful looking rifles. Is the positioning of the sling stud on the stock that far forward for a particular reason?

I have a 404 Jeffery rifle with "WJ Jeffery"stamped on the barrel as well as the address. I can't find out any credible information about the rifle. I know for sure it was built in the latter years vs the earlier years. By reading these posts the "Jeffery" name was apparently used by a few different rifle makers. I suspect my rifle was made by one of them. Can anyone help me with contacting someone who is familiar with the history of the Jeffery rifles?
Hi Larrich, If you send me the details of your rifle to sharpshooter@wjjeffery.com I will come back to you with what information is held.

Beautiful looking rifles. Is the positioning of the sling stud on the stock that far forward for a particular reason?
Thanks for your comments. The sling position allows for the rifle to be carried lower on a sling when shouldered.

Hi @Jackman , welcome to AH.
Such beautiful rifles! From what I can see on your website it appears the double square bridge model shown is milled for Smithson QD mounts. Is this the standard configuration?
Thank you. Yes the Smithson mounts are the standard option and all the first .404 rifles have double square bridges. If you wanted to discuss other options, do get in touch on sharpshooter@wjjeffery.com. Thanks for the interest.

a SSB 333 I once owned , notice the very plain nature go the gun front sight as well as rear leaf sights looks like whats on the new guns which is a good thing

27DC23B5-54A2-49AD-A11C-0FF81492729B_4_5005_c.jpeg
1C60264C-560B-4348-A666-7715A0A1E0A6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if any new 333 Jeffery rifles will ever be offered? Ammunition too much of an issue there?

I wonder if any new 333 Jeffery rifles will ever be offered? Ammunition too much of an issue there?
Possibly! It is such a great cartridge. Would like to do a limited run but as you say there are some challenges with ammo amongst other things.

I know of at least one built by a Gunsmith "Down Under"; G'day A G.

Possibly! It is such a great cartridge. Would like to do a limited run but as you say there are some challenges with ammo amongst other things.
What actions do you use on your beautiful wares ?

Granite Mountain Arms?
Mayfair Engineering ?
Waffen Prechtll ?
Blaser Group Mauser ?

What actions do you use on your beautiful wares ?

Granite Mountain Arms?
Mayfair Engineering ?
Waffen Prechtll ?
Blaser Group Mauser ?
Hi Lon, We are using FZH Magnum Mauser actions and Walther barrels. If you PM me your serial number I will come back to you with the info we have. Sadly most of the records are lost, but we have the original production ledger which should have the original spec. of the rifle. Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross