AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
W.J. Jeffery had two rifles at DSC. The 404J and the 500J were both in production. A 333J is not in the immediate plans. Both rifles had price tags in the mid five figures. The business model of Jeffery hasn't changed much since the manufacture of the rifles are being contracted out through a third party.

The website was not complete before the show. Hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks.

Well I never. Are they going to be made in the UK of USA??

They have been making rifles for a while in usa.....had a booth at sci for few years....as I said in another thread....the name is owned by the friedkins....Paul sorted getting it for Tom friedkin...who said to Paul you build rifles in the name...then he suddenly gave the name to someone in usa to use....the first sci he was there he was using the photos Paul used for promo...including my 9.3x74r double....I said to him you owe me for using my rifle for promo purposes as you never built it....got some humming and hawing.....but no money :E Big Grin:

You should be happy. They are being built in Birmingham England is what the guy in the booth told me. You can probably figure it out from there.

You should be happy. They are being built in Birmingham England is what the guy in the booth told me. You can probably figure it out from there.
Be interesting to see if they are at the British shooting show

Jeffery did not have a stand alone booth at DSC. Think they were in the Purdy booth but I could be wrong. Perhaps @ActionBob or @Royal27 will verify the booth.
I think that is correct. Loved the 404. Bit much to spend on a bolt gun but it's very cool;)

If you follow the TGS YouTube videos on shotguns in England Johnny recently visited Westley Richards. The company also had a Jeffrey banner above the entrance.

W.J. Jeffery had two rifles at DSC. The 404J and the 500J were both in production. A 333J is not in the immediate plans. Both rifles had price tags in the mid five figures. The business model of Jeffery hasn't changed much since the manufacture of the rifles are being contracted out through a third party.

The website was not complete before the show. Hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks.

So which caliber are you going to get? :)

Interesting....Wonder if the friedkins have sold the name....last sci I was at before the Chinese fkd everything up Jeffery had a decent size booth with quite a few rifles there....and how shall we say on the expensive side.....when TGTS was still around the Jeffery booth was usually adjoing its booth....

I think Lancaster are. Be good to see another British name returning
Lancaster out source a LOT of there work to smaller smiths. They have a nice 404 j at the moment but on the pricey side for a bolt gun

At one time, I believe Reto Buehller was building rifles using the W.J Jeffery name.
Yes, this was certainly the case when I spoke to Reto and James Anderson at the 2015 SCI show. Their rifles were magnificent, a cut above anything produced at the time in England in terms of bolt-action rifles. They used Paul Roberts to get the rifles through the proof house in London at the time. He also had a nice in-the-white boxlock ejector .470 NE at the booth that was being made by Westley Richards for sale under the Jeffery name. There was also an ultra-rare original .500 Jeffery at the booth, the property of the owner of the Jeffery name, and NOT FOR SALE, I was told.

I have no idea what the situation is at present.

Interesting....Wonder if the friedkins have sold the name....last sci I was at before the Chinese fkd everything up Jeffery had a decent size booth with quite a few rifles there....and how shall we say on the expensive side.....when TGTS was still around the Jeffery booth was usually adjoing its booth....

That's very interesting. Sounds like you know more about this than me. I had never noticed Jeffery being back prior to DSC this year. I also never spent much time around TGTS/WW. A little out of my budget unlike their Toyotas.

The Friedkin's still have the manufacturing ledger. That ledger should be open on the internet in the coming year. I don't think the sales ledger still exists. It is my understanding the Friedkin's still own everything related to Jeffery including the current firearms being made. WR is doing the manufacturing and an individual (I don't recall his name) in England is handling the sales.

Didn't Paul Roberts own the rights to Jeffery 20-30 years ago? If so, was he the one who sold to the Friedkin's?

That's very interesting. Sounds like you know more about this than me. I had never noticed Jeffery being back prior to DSC this year. I also never spent much time around TGTS/WW. A little out of my budget unlike their Toyotas.

The Friedkin's still have the manufacturing ledger. That ledger should be open on the internet in the coming year. I don't think the sales ledger still exists. It is my understanding the Friedkin's still own everything related to Jeffery including the current firearms being made. WR is doing the manufacturing and an individual (I don't recall his name) in England is handling the sales.

Didn't Paul Roberts own the rights to Jeffery 20-30 years ago? If so, was he the one who sold to the Friedkin's?
I know that at one point after Reto, Griffin & Howe had the rights to the name in 2018 or 2019. Reto told me that.

I know that at one point after Reto, Griffin & Howe had the rights to the name in 2018 or 2019. Reto told me that.

Interesting. That is not what I understood the salesman at DSC to say. Do the Friedkins own Griffin & Howe?

Paul didn't own the rights to the name...one of the other gun companies owned them....but paul sorted the purchase forTom friedkin, who then told Paul to use the name...Paul built Jeffery rifles for a few years and as I said it was suddenly given to someone else to.use.....the friedkins still own the name ....asked a friend who works for them in Tanzania about it, and he is getting the story from Richard who is now overseeing the making of the rifles...so hopefully will be able to give the full facts

Paul didn't own the rights to the name...one of the other gun companies owned them....but paul sorted the purchase forTom friedkin, who then told Paul to use the name...Paul built Jeffery rifles for a few years and as I said it was suddenly given to someone else to.use.....the friedkins still own the name ....asked a friend who works for them in Tanzania about it, and he is getting the story from Richard who is now overseeing the making of the rifles...so hopefully will be able to give the full facts

You are a wealth of information regarding the British firearms industry. Thanks for the history lesson. I look forward to hearing additional information you pick up!

You are a wealth of information regarding the British firearms industry. Thanks for the history lesson. I look forward to hearing additional information you pick up!

Not really....just from listening to Paul....now he is an unbelievable fountain of knowledge on the English/British guntrade

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross