www.amandlagroup.co.za
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NSA,Kaapj and SA hunters
Hunted
Kudu,impala,springbuck,wildebeest
Greetings everyone. I just purchased an AR15 .22 for target/fun shooting any recommendations on what vortex scope I should purchase. Why vortex!!!! I have vortex on most of my hunting rifles.

Many thanks,

For the .22LR you dont need a whole lot of magnification...I cant imagine you'll be shooting it more than 100 yards.. and would guess that most of the shooting will be inside 50 yards?

If thats the case, I'd consider either their Crossfire Rimfire optic (2-7x).. or maybe even one of their lower cost red dots like the Crossfire Red Dot... that should be all you need for plinking inside 100 yards and/or taking various small game like squirrel, rabbit, etc..

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-2-7x32-rimfire-vplex-moa-riflescope.html

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.39 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.42 AM.png
    599 KB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.54 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 7.04.56 AM.png
    563.7 KB · Views: 41
For the .22LR you dont need a whole lot of magnification...I cant imagine you'll be shooting it more than 100 yards.. and would guess that most of the shooting will be inside 50 yards?

If thats the case, I'd consider either their Crossfire Rimfire optic (2-7x).. or maybe even one of their lower cost red dots like the Crossfire Red Dot... that should be all you need for plinking inside 100 yards and/or taking various small game like squirrel, rabbit, etc..

https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-crossfire-ii-2-7x32-rimfire-vplex-moa-riflescope.html

Thank you for your prompt response. Was thinking max 165 yards

I've never had a lot of success at 100 yards with the 22lr - you can probably hit a pie plate. The drop, wind, and factory inconsistency is too hard to predict. If you said 50 yards, I'd say get the Diamondback 2-7x35 rimfire. If you are just playing around at long distance, a 2-7 or 3-9 will be ok; although a bit heavy, I would lean towards the Diamondback 4-12x40. If you want to move up a series get the high power adjustable parallax, but I don't think it's needed on a 22lr.

Hey there! I just wanted to share my thoughts on the Canik TP9SF Elite paired with the Vortex Venom red dot. It's a great setup that's both enjoyable to shoot and suitable for personal defense purposes. The Vortex Venom is a highly reputable red dot sight that boasts a clear and precise reticle, while being both lightweight and durable.

When it comes to purchasing a Vortex sight, there are many options available. My personal suggestion would be to do your research and consider a variety of factors, such as cost, features, and customer reviews. This will help ensure that you find the best sight for your needs.

The 22lr makes a great long range trainer. I have a good bit of experience shooting one out to 200 yards, actually quite a bit farther just for play, but 200 yards is shootable with a 22, as far as target practice obviously, not hunting applications. You would require a scope with target/tactical turrets and a good bit of internal elevation. As far as drop and windage goes, shooting a 22 long rifle at 200 yards is a pretty close approximation of shooting a 308 at 1000 yards. In F class shooting with a 308, there is no 308 diameter bullet made that a 1mph change in the wind won't blow you out of the 10 ring at 1k. If you practice with a 22 at 200 yards you will learn a lot about atmospherics and wind calling!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross