Von Gruff knives

Dr Ray, that book fills pretty quickly, have you ordered a Chefs knife yet?

I did just keep the peace, not really. My wife’s a chef and I have good tools so should she.

I got the 5-1/2” V.G pattern with a pretty handle. Honestly it’s got a great natural feel on the handle and is well balanced. She works in a kitchen but this is for home use and you guessed it it’s favoured over the Victorinox daily.

She has plenty of commercial offerings, as I say, good tools but I recommend adding a Von Gruff to your kitchen for anyone who appreciates a good knife and good food.
 
Dr Ray, that book fills pretty quickly, have you ordered a Chefs knife yet?

I did just keep the peace, not really. My wife’s a chef and I have good tools so should she.

I got the 5-1/2” V.G pattern with a pretty handle. Honestly it’s got a great natural feel on the handle and is well balanced. She works in a kitchen but this is for home use and you guessed it it’s favoured over the Victorinox daily.

She has plenty of commercial offerings, as I say, good tools but I recommend adding a Von Gruff to your kitchen for anyone who appreciates a good knife and good food.

No kitchen knives for me.
Wife aka Sparky Critter [emoji15] bought something recently.
We have quite a few that are very very sharp.
 
Have finalised what the two knives will be and what they will be like but it will be a week or two till I can get to them. Really enjoying the challenges I have been getting lately as well as the standards I have on the pattern rack that have proved themselves over time and use.
Next three are one standard and two new styles that are an interesting departure from what I have been doing then a couple of standards before I can start on Dr Rays two new ones but I am excited about the oportunity and chalenges that they will bring.
 
All of Garry's knives are awesome, I'm having difficulties describing his latest accomplishments. They are either more awesome or awesome(r.) Garry, at any rate I hope you just keep on making them and enjoying yourself while doing so.
 
Whoops
The black - what is it?
My fat thumb and apparently my fast typing = typos
So any suggestions Ridgewalker for another knife??
@Dr Ray
It seems a shame to hide that knife in a display case, at least use it once and give us a report on it. It was built to work and show off not hide.
Bob
 
Made a new die for the power hammer that I will need to work with this after it is straightened and normalised before I start to forge one of the new ones
IMG_20201029_162205.jpg


IMG_20201029_162127.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,240
Members
169,289
Latest member
ShoshanaR4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top