Dr Ray

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association of Australia + CRM Gunsports (Cairns)
Received my Bowie knife today. Wow!
Another display knife (never to be used).
I rang Garry and now I’m keeping him awake at nights!!
I asked him to design a display knife that is not the usual run of the mill.
IMG_2822.JPG

The bolster is ebony & brass.
The handle is Lancewood.
The babk is Cape buffalo horn.
The sheath is croc skin.
The blade us Damascus river pattern.

So I’m asking for some suggestions for a new “out of the box” knife for Garry to make me

Ray, this is definitely the most handsome masterpiece yet! Hope you are setting up a fine display for your collection?

The bolster is ebony & brass.
The handle is Lancewood.
The babk is Cape buffalo horn.
The sheath is croc skin.
The blade us Damascus river pattern.
Bronze not brass
Lacewood not lancewood
Not sure what a babk is but there is no cape buff horn on it

A Kukri in Damascus steel with a decorative handle would be a nice next step up in size from all your current models. They are rather unique in design. Just my thought.

I had been playing with the idea of a templer knights dagger but are you allowed a double edge knife Dr Ray

Von Gruff
I like the idea of yours
And I like Ridgewalkers
So let’s do both
Wow, quick decision.
Now it’s waiting for Garry to complete his long to do list , he’s going to be busy well into retirement.

Not sure what that really means though
“False edge”-
You do the primary grind on both edges, top and bottom. So, it looks like both edges are ground, but you dull one edge so it is not really a sharpened edge.
California, USA daggers and double edged boot knives have to be done this way. It is illegal there to have a double edged blade. Western Cutlery use to have a very popular boot knife that we sold to the federal government military PX stores. We had to leave one edge unsharpened so the soldiers didn’t get into trouble when they left the military base with the boot knives.

Von Gruff
I like the idea of yours
And I like Ridgewalkers
So let’s do both
Do you want to run with that.
Kukri forged from a leaf spring as they often were and with buffalo horn handle and the templer knight dagger from a piece of stainless with brass guard and pommel (maybe a spiral twisted handle)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
outlookindia012

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg