Virginia members?

@HankBuck
They do have autos in Australia mate.
Until recently all our family cars were stick shifts even my sons Nissan 4x4.
Recently bought the wife a diesel Hyundai Tucson auto and am very impressed with it. Can be used as an auto or in sports mode and shift manual. That thing gets up and boogies when you want/need. Have had it upto 180kmph once and it wanted more.
It's great on the hiway, set cruise to 110 (65 mph) and sit back and just steer.
I personally prefer stuck shifts
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen - if that Hyundai gets up to 180kmph that’s impressive - what’s that like 50MPH?? I was asking what cars are “made” in Australia ? Especially since you seem to dislike Fords (you might be right on that one)…- I have No Brand Loyalty, have owned most major brands - all were good….some a little better then others but never had a “Bad” brand. Right now my pick up is a Ram 1500 but my Chevy Silverado was great too ——didn’t like the Ford F150 as much but it was good. You have a manual shift - is that the Law ? I know semi autos aren’t allowed….didn’t know they include Cars as well !!
 
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen - if that Hyundai gets up to 180kmph that’s impressive - what’s that like 50MPH?? I was asking what cars are “made” in Australia ? Especially since you seem to dislike Fords (you might be right on that one)…- I have No Brand Loyalty, have owned most major brands - all were good….some a little better then others but never had a “Bad” brand. Right now my pick up is a Ram 1500 but my Chevy Silverado was great too ——didn’t like the Ford F150 as much but it was good. You have a manual shift - is that the Law ? I know semi autos aren’t allowed….didn’t know they include Cars as well !!
@HankBuck
Nowadays we don't make any cars in Australia
The govt screwed that.
We used to make
Ford
Holden/GMH
Chrysler
Toyota
Now everything is imported
Bob
 
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen that’ must add to the cost of purchasing a New car in Australia and maybe limit you choices of vehicles as well? I’m never really cared much about what brand of car or truck I drove - just something decent, reliable, comfortable and fits my needs…I also keep mine for awhile ( 7 to 10 years/100,000-150,000 miles) so long as it’s running good and looks good. If I was mechanical I might keep one longer —-but I can barely change a tire!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,360
Members
169,537
Latest member
FaeDelano
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top