Vintage H&R 12ga Single Shot 32" Barrel

SAFARIKIDD

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
TANZANIA..ZIM..BOTSWANA....NAMBIA
This Vintage HARRINGTON & RUCHARDSON is a mint all original including factory pad and walnut stock...bore seems perfect and looks like a gun safe queen!
Has the rarest of barrel lengths at 32"! This is the push button open system..not the lever as on most break opens! Would make a great Turkey Gun! Season is close.. $325 shpd

20230216-110145.jpg
20230216-110523.jpg
20230216-110557.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A buddy was just showing me a similar one he has. Had never seen this with a barrel that long until then. If some one wants a matched pair and buys this, let me know and I can probably hook you up with the second, lol!

2 3/4"..With the new TSS Loads it will smoke those Turkeys !
No real need for anything longer than 2 3/4 unless you are shooting them out past 50yds anyway, but as you say with the TSS- good to go! I remember when heavy shot first came out and I got a bunch at walmart on clearance for a song- the following season I spent an hour trying to get a Tom that had hung up at 80yds to come in for my grandfather. It decided to chance another 15yds and my grandfather asked if I had loaded the hevi-shot. Before the full word "yes" left my mouth he let it rip and flattened that bird. We had never shot one past 35yds prior to that. Needless to say I was pretty impressed!

I had a cooey single shot with a 36” barrel and a full choke. If that H&r is anything like the cooey I had it’ll give out complementary headaches with every purchase.

Hard case all right, I have had many many of these & later New Englands , from 30/30Win - 45/70,
I even did a .500NE on one, never have I opened one by mistake when cocking the hammer !

I still have 5-6 of these buggers 243Win (by chance I was after the action) 45/70 X3 .45Colt+410 & a couple of 12ga's one a fully rifled gun & this does give the old head a shake up with heavy ball loads !

Good luck with the sale !

I owned one of these in 10 gauge, I killed several whitetail with 3 1/2” #4 buckshot and some turkeys with it as well. It was great for a high schooler that only money I had was from trapping over Christmas break. Good luck with the sale.

I owned one of these in 10 gauge, I killed several whitetail with 3 1/2” #4 buckshot and some turkeys with it as well. It was great for a high schooler that only money I had was from trapping over Christmas break. Good luck with the sale.

Thank You, Hunt anything!

Exactly my point!

If I had found the H&R in a 32 inch barrel, 10 gauge, I would most likely still have it. Most other 10 gauge single shots were near or over twice the price of an H&R.

I love 10 gauge shotguns for waterfowl and turkey hunting.

Last edited:
Thank You, Hunt anything!

Exactly my point!

If I had found the H&R in a 32 inch barrel, 10 gauge, I would most likely still have it. Most other 10 gauge single shots were near or over twice the price of an H&R.

I love 10 gauge shotguns for waterfowl and turkey hunting.
There are 3 now on GB! 10GA 36"
Here is one ..starting bid is $700
Screenshot_20230217-160500_Chrome.jpg

20 years ago the NEF and H&R single shot shotguns were crazy affordable (not so much these days.. in some circles some models have reasonable collector value (compared to what they were originally offered for))..

I used to buy used ones for anywhere from $50-$100 each, then buy either .45-70 or .44 Mag barrels for them (the shotgun receivers can handle low pressure "rifle" and "pistol" loads, no problem...).. those would be anywhere from another $75-$100 each.. and make cool/fun little single shot carbines out of them.. I started both my son and his cousin on a couple of the .44 mags I built for them.. took them to the range when they were still little guys and loaded them up with .44 Special (almost zero recoil out of the carbine).. then stepped them up to mag rounds when they were ready.. Those were the first "deer" rifles either of those kids owned...

I took quite a few hogs with my H&R .45-70.. it hit hard on both ends... I put a 16" barrel on it and a little 2-7x optic.. it weighed next to nothing and was a blast (literally and figuratively lol).. to walk around with trying to flush sounders out of corn food plots that a buddy of mine had on his land..

I sold the 45-70 off several years ago.. and have regretted it ever since..

I too had a M176 10ga. Killed my first turkey with it. As heavy as it was, it kicked like a mule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kathi6164

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.