Very disappointed in my dip and pack company

Biggest problem is you are TOO close to it! You forgot the 10 foot rule. Seriously, when you zoom in on most anything that close you are going to see every little defect. If the stuff isn't literally falling off, forget it. Paint the whole thing with linseed oil or similar and go with it. If there is stuff loose enough to fall off, just brush the loose stuff off, then paint. After a while you wont even think about it. I grant you the condition is less than ideal but is it worth getting into a battle with the D&P or your outfitter over? I had some critters come back looking pretty dried out last time for whatever reason, so I just slobbered linseed oil on them and forgot about it. They look great now. I painted some horns years ago with linseed and they still look good.

I have gotten a response from my D&P Co. They explained the issue with young waterbuck horns and how the flaking was common. They also understood my disappointment and were nice enough to offer to pay for the extra expense of having the horns repaired by my taxidermist. I appreciate that and feel everything will turn out fine in the end. Thanks for everyone's advice!

Awesome result.
Thanks for letting us know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bkNen

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross