Verifying Hunting Outfitters and Professional Hunters Credentials

As the joke goes,when the Brits left the shores after the Anglo Boer war they waved and said this is not the last shit you will see from us.They kept their promise and send the Land Rover.lol

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

They should have gone to a national licence at least 20 years ago & the only reason it hasn't happened is the Provincial Game Dept staff are all reluctant to lose funding, power & possibly jobs.

Provincial licencing makes life unnecessarily difficult for clients, PHs & outfitters for absolutely no good reason & the only benefit is to the aforementioned Provincial Game Dept staff who for the most part couldn't organise a one car funeral procession nowadays.

The system is way outdated, inefficient and leads to unhappy safari stories every year.

Guess the assumption was made you were checking on an outfitter before buying. After the fact was not contemplated.

Andrew McLaren's last thread started was almost TWO YEARS AGO!
A grand total of 4 threads started.

Here they are:

http://www.africahunting.com/hunting-africa/7704-south-african-hunting-information-2-what-what-not-fair-chase-hunting.html

http://www.africahunting.com/hunting-africa/7688-what-put-take-shooting.html

http://www.africahunting.com/great-deals-hunts-worldwide/1415-you-determine-discount-off-good-starting-price-plains-game-hunt-cull-hunt.html

http://www.africahunting.com/vbcms-comments/2571-article-ethics-eye-beholder.html

I have more digits on my appendages than he has posted here on AH. His last post was Sept 2012.

Please do share the results here on AH.

two years ago was when this hunt was researched and booked !

i will indeed keep the forum posted as to any progress in this case.

am logging each and every entity that has been contacted for answers and resolution. it is to my understanding that south africa takes hunting crimes very seriously. as well they should with the tourist money involved. condoning such activities won't put out that warm fuzzy feeling transferring large amounts of hard earned money.

Is this the post that you are referring to: What is Put & Take Shooting?

Andrew McLaren form Andrew McLaren Safaris is a member of AH.

Feel free to post your hunting report in the South Africa Hunting Reports.

Please let's keep this thread about Verifying Hunting Outfitters and Professional Hunters Credentials.

the put and take shooting has my reference to andrews owning land. examine post # 18. i missed it 1st go round as i didn't skim all the posts. i found it in my hard copy. this is not my only reference to him claiming land.

a hunt report will be filed for clients reference.

thanks for the links !

gents,

just a quick post to let y'all know i'm not ignoring any posts with questions,advice or opinions. just trying to keep on topic as such with the number of replies and views there us much interest and can be used as a reference.

i will post my success or failure with the topic.

i'll start another thread soon to discuss these and more issues. hopefully others can learn from my mistakes. although the hunt wouldn't have been booked if i wasn't deceived and lied to in my defense.

too many don't publicly announce a fraudulent hunt and i believe that is due to embarrassment or maybe just plain disgust. just the opposite should occur for others benefit and to help prevent further occurrences . all should be properly reported to the host countries authorities. they can't fix what they don't know is broken.

thanks for your interest !

update !!

still waiting on nature conservation in the free state to get back with me after nearly 7 months since they were 1st contacted. they definitely need more officers investigating hunting related crimes.

Ms.Kitshoff at P.H.A.S.A. has hooked me up with their (P.H.A.S.A.) information officer to help me with the proper contacts.

each province's nature conservation office can verify outfitter and P.H. credentials for prospective clients. their web site does have a tab under legislation for nature conservation and then contacts. i haven't read them all but i'm primarily just finding proclamations,ordinances,etc. not much for actual contact info. this will help with questions regarding the law.

she has helped me with my next particular contact and i'm waiting for a response.

P.H.A.S.A. has been particularly helpful and i thank them for that. i'm sure their members are well documented as even on their membership application they are asked for credential info. including the provinces they are licensed.

nature conservation needs a similar site or possibly one modeled after any state here in the U.S. they wouldn't necessarily need a site for each province as one for the entire country would be suitable. a searchable database for credentials and laws could be easily set up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross