VAT questions.....

Mr. 16 gauge

AH fanatic
Joined
Aug 1, 2011
Messages
700
Reaction score
1,100
Location
Michigan
Media
3
Hunting reports
Africa
2
Hello to all;
I've been thinking about doing another hunt in Africa. I hunted in SA back in 2014, and if I remember correctly, I didn't have to pay VAT on my trophies because I had them taxidermied (is that even a word?) and shipped to my home. The cost of that was almost as much as the safari, and I dont want to pay that again.
If I go again, I don't plan on bringing any of the trophies home...........photos will suffice this time around. I'm getting older and we plan on downsizing our home, so there will be little room for trophies (actually, some of what I have will probably have to go). I've thought about just doing a cull hunt, or something similar, so someone how whats a great trophy can take it back home with them.
So..........my question is: how much would I save if I just payed the VAT on trophies as opposed to having something like a skull mount or flat skin done? Do they usually charge VAT for cull hunts? IIRC, the VAT was around 15%; is that still the case? or has it changed.
Thanks in advance...................................
 
Hi sir

Cull hunts or any animal where only pics are taken and nothing is getting exported via taxidermist, is subject to VAT. Vat is now 15%
Some Outfitters build the vat into there packages so there isnt a surprise for the client at end of hunt
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,282
Messages
1,571,650
Members
169,390
Latest member
NTVReyes77
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top