Vaal Rhebok experience

Pheroze

AH ambassador
Joined
Jul 6, 2013
Messages
5,574
Reaction score
9,982
Location
Ontario
Media
100
Articles
32
Hunting reports
Africa
2
USA/Canada
6
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I am hunting Vaal Rhebok with @KMG Hunting Safaris and I know it will be an amazing experience, but it's now time to obsess on the trip :D

If you have hunted Vaal Rhebok what was your hunt like? What gear would you take or leave behind next time? Any advice? And, of course, pictures!
 
Here is a link to my hunt where I got one in Sept 2019.
Flat shooting accurate rifle is a great help. Practice at longer ranges. They have great eyes and are spooky. Soft skinned and relatively easy to kill with a decent body shot. They are small in size, maybe 2/3 the size of a pronghorn so accuracy is important. Most of all trust your PH. Be in good shape and have fun!
Bruce
 
Here is a link to my hunt where I got one in Sept 2019.
Flat shooting accurate rifle is a great help. Practice at longer ranges. They have great eyes and are spooky. Soft skinned and relatively easy to kill with a decent body shot. They are small in size, maybe 2/3 the size of a pronghorn so accuracy is important. Most of all trust your PH. Be in good shape and have fun!
Bruce
Great report, thanks. That was a lot of work!
 
It was a interesting trip. Going back to hunt with Willie in May. Likely another Vaal Rhebuck plus some other interesting critters. Good luck on your hunt.
Bruce
 
Certainly the boots comment is well as is the need for fitness. Take you PH's advice about clothing and accessories on the day but generally keep it as light as safely possible. I would also suggest you take a little time to understand the changed aiming point when shooting very significantly downhill and, if you're able, get some practice doing it. Shooting down a 40 degree slope can also present some challenges for stock weld and finding a steady position.

Probably some of the best and most physical hunting to be had......and worryingly addictive.

FN
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,411
Members
169,562
Latest member
ReneParadi
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top