Using J. Sipp to make 3 Blaser barrels and a suppressor….

Need details on what you ordered please. Like caliber, barrel length, barrel profile, iron sights or not, threaded or not...along with when you were told they would be completed.

Many will be watching this thread to see how it goes.

Also how long they have told you it will take. Good luck, I would like for this to go well.
Sorry @BeeMaa , I didn't read the last of your post

3 barrels for r8

6.5 prc
375 ruger
416 ruger

Semi weight. Fluted. All threaded for suppressor. No sights. All will be 20.5 inches. My suppressor adds 5.5 inches of length. I use over the barrel/reflex suppressors so can’t really have iron sites. If glass fails I’ll just throw the gun at whatever is about to eat me.

He told me 3 weeks but emailed me yesterday and said he would be shipping out all three next week.

He’s also making a 416 over the barrel suppressor that only adds 4 inches to length. I have an AB raptor 375 and banish gold 30 cal suppressor now.

I ordered a 7 PRC barrel from him back in May. He had estimated 4 weeks and it slipped to 6 weeks (Mid-July). He did not collect payment until he was ready to ship it.

It sat for a few more weeks due to work being busy and when I went to the range it had an issue where my the action would not fully close on the barrel so he sent me a return label to open up chamber a slight bit more. Had it back within a week. The groups were sub 1" at 100 yards and likely would have been smaller if my contacts weren't bugging me so much that day. I wear bifocal contacts for everyday and single focus for shooting days but that day I wore my bifocals and couldn't' get consistent clear view in scope.

With the negative info I had seen, I've been very pleasantly surprised by my experience.

Hello - just checking in to see if the order from J Sip shipped this week? Good luck!

My barrels were shipped. 5 weeks. I’ll post pics when they arrive.

Suppressor is finished but has to do some atf stuff. He has already contacted my ffl for transfer.

Do you think it's possible for him to build an integrally suppressed barrel like the Silence? This could be interesting

Curious to hear how it goes. I would like a 416 Rigby barrel but I could always get a 416 Remington factory barrel and get some brass.

Do you think it's possible for him to build an integrally suppressed barrel like the Silence? This could be interesting
Call and ask him. He likes to tinker. I’ve talked to him 4-5 times through this. He’s a fun old dude to talk to

Rigby won't work on an R8. Rem Mag is perfect.
I'm fine with a 416 Rem. I don't know much about it but there was a 416 Rigby R8 barrel at the Ft Worth gun show this weekend. A member here sent me the photo...
IMG_4855.jpeg

I'm fine with a 416 Rem. I don't know much about it but there was a 416 Rigby R8 barrel at the Ft Worth gun show this weekend. A member here sent me the photo...
View attachment 563225
If they could squeeze it in there, I'd be surprised. Not saying what you saw doesn't exist, but I'd think it would be a tough order to make it work. Not sure what magazine or bolt head they'd use. And if it could be done, you'd only fit two in the magazine I'm guessing. 416 Rem mag works perfectly though, with three in the magazine. Zero advantage to the Rigby IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues like you said. I didn't see the barrel myself. I'm fine with 416 Rem with 3 in mag. That's perfect.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are issues like you said. I didn't see the barrel myself. I'm fine with 416 Rem with 3 in mag. That's perfect.
Actually, I didn't see your picture you posted with your comment above. I guess someone made it work! But still, no advantage in doing so, and would definitely limit magazine capacity, much like the 500 Jeffery R8.

I was just watching a video about the R8 338 Lapua, which has similar cartridge length and diameter as the 416 Rigby. They had to use a different trigger/magazine group that is specific to that cartridge. The magazine holds two rounds. That may be how they made the Rigby work as well. But it seemed to work well with the 338 Lapua cartridge, so maybe there's hope for those who want an R8 in 416 Rigby after all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LydiaR8063

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.