AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Each year I try and do a hunt or fishing trip for one of Dakotas xmas presents here in the states. This year we did a mix bag of birds at pheasant valley farms. Here in Pa there is few wild birds so this place is a shooting preserve that stocks birds. We hired a guide with dogs as I don't own hunting dogs any more. I had bought a 6 pheasant and 3 chukar package.

We ended up with 5 pheasants,1 chukar and 4 quail in the end after 4 hours of hunting. The quail were a bonus from some left over from a hunt early this week. Was nice cold day with just enough wind to make it nice for the dogs. We did miss 2 chukars and 1 pheasant but overall did well for not shooting shotguns for almost 8 month. Kid had two shots on roosters I still don't know how he pulled them off. We had a blast and another great day out hunting and will have some good meals after the hunt to enjoy.
First picture is the first trip through the fields. We then went back and hunted a small corner we thought some of the birds ran into and got 2 roosters and 2 quail.

image1 (6).JPG
image1 (7).JPG

The big smiles says it all. Looks like fun to me. Bruce

Good job Bill.

Tell Dakota I said hi.

Looks like you guys had fun!

That's awesome Billc! I took a friends' daughter out last Friday for pheasants. Not one of my better days, but she managed to get two. Still very fun day. My 11 year old GSP lay around and hobbled for three days. Guess he's getting a little "long in the tooth".

Congrats

Congratulations Bill. Brings back memories of following 4 Liver& White Pointers for many miles & years.

Thanks everyone it was a great time. My son wanted me to correct the totals as we got 6 pheasant not 5 lol. I love how he smiled during the group pic but was all serious tough guy on the one by himself.

Hoping to plan another trip for when Pieter is over to chase a few more birds..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rocky12K91

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.
sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double