AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Each year I try and do a hunt or fishing trip for one of Dakotas xmas presents here in the states. This year we did a mix bag of birds at pheasant valley farms. Here in Pa there is few wild birds so this place is a shooting preserve that stocks birds. We hired a guide with dogs as I don't own hunting dogs any more. I had bought a 6 pheasant and 3 chukar package.

We ended up with 5 pheasants,1 chukar and 4 quail in the end after 4 hours of hunting. The quail were a bonus from some left over from a hunt early this week. Was nice cold day with just enough wind to make it nice for the dogs. We did miss 2 chukars and 1 pheasant but overall did well for not shooting shotguns for almost 8 month. Kid had two shots on roosters I still don't know how he pulled them off. We had a blast and another great day out hunting and will have some good meals after the hunt to enjoy.
First picture is the first trip through the fields. We then went back and hunted a small corner we thought some of the birds ran into and got 2 roosters and 2 quail.

image1 (6).JPG
image1 (7).JPG

The big smiles says it all. Looks like fun to me. Bruce

Good job Bill.

Tell Dakota I said hi.

Looks like you guys had fun!

That's awesome Billc! I took a friends' daughter out last Friday for pheasants. Not one of my better days, but she managed to get two. Still very fun day. My 11 year old GSP lay around and hobbled for three days. Guess he's getting a little "long in the tooth".

Congrats

Congratulations Bill. Brings back memories of following 4 Liver& White Pointers for many miles & years.

Thanks everyone it was a great time. My son wanted me to correct the totals as we got 6 pheasant not 5 lol. I love how he smiled during the group pic but was all serious tough guy on the one by himself.

Hoping to plan another trip for when Pieter is over to chase a few more birds..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross