US Passport Update

I just came across this young lady on YouTube. She has several videos where she updates people on on the passport process. I gather she is not an employee of the gov't, just a citizen like the rest of us.

She also has this one on how to renew your passport. She makes a very easy to follow video.

Renewing Passport Process

My daughters passport arrived today, August 17 and was received by the passport office on March 10. The good news is it looks like the backlog is working down.

Just got back from the USPS for passport renewal for my son. They told us we shall receive it in December, four months. It’s nice as they make sure all the documentation is correct. His expires in March of 2021, our trip is in June. Just wanted to make sure I have a valid passport for him.

My daughters passport arrived today, August 17 and was received by the passport office on March 10. The good news is it looks like the backlog is working down.
Just curious, where was the application/renewal sent? I sent mine to Philly in March, so far no joy.

Mine is stuck in San Diego which is still shut down! So it has now been 5+ months and no passport!

They told us it will be sent to Texas

After a call to the State Dept. last week was able to get a locator number! They called me yesterday and said the Passport would be mailed today and gave me a tracking number! The number yesterday indicated the label had been printed but package had not been received!
The tracking number today shows package received from sender in Tucson, NM and is scheduled for
delivery on Monday. For months since application was sent I was told it was in San Diego CA which has been closed since March 19th, but State Dept. person apparently was able to move things along!
But my "expedited handling" fee was not like refundable even though passport should have been processed before March 19th shut down! So I will Follow tracking From its departure in Tucson!
Apparently CA governor has priority mail shut down to allow the postal service to handle all the unrequested election ballets!

Following up, I see that they cashed my check on June 6th.....no PP yet.........FWB

After months its here. Still no passport card or my documentation!

All Three will each be delivered separately.

WOO HOO! Got an email, my passport is in the mail. IIRC, mailed the renewal in March.

Last edited:
Received PP yesterday......they cashed my check June 6, probably mailed late May....Now I'm ready to head to Africa, and get quartantined for 21 days ....FWB

Got mine today. Odd that it came from Hot Springs, Arkansas. I mailed the renewal and old passport to Philly. I suspect they may be shifting some work to areas that are in higher stages of opening.

I posted a video last week, maybe week before, on this thread. Young lady explains the process. As far as where it goes, it is mailed to one of two places, then they are shipped out to one of twenty-six places that actually do the work. We all get caught up in the PA or TX office, when in reality, they are just the distribution centers.
REFER TO POST #61

My wife and I both received emails this morning, actually yesterday morning, letting us know that our passports were in the mail. We mailed them in on May 20th. Not bad for being in a pandemic.

From 2001 to 2014 I travelled a huge amount, 65 countries, some of them 15 times. And having a Zim passport that required a visa every time, net result a new passport every year, record 9 months. And a new Zim passport takes...... 24 hours! I kid you not, in this regard Zim chops USA, UK, the lot.

I just noticed this thread and I am quite surprised by some of the results.

I am a U.S. citizen and my PP was set to expire in 5 months and I figured why not just send it in and get in line - I sent off the PP book, PP card, photos, form & personal check for payment.

I believe I mailed the renewal paperwork off on or around the July 10th here in Austin Texas; my check cleared my account on July 22nd and I believe my PP book arrived the first week of AUGUST - Yes I got my PP book back in a SHOCKINGLY quick time!

The PP card arrived about a week later as did the old PP book and card that were returned to me after being "demilled" with holes punched in them.

So once again I got mine renewed in SHOCKINGLY fast time; and my state Vehicle registration arrived in my mailbox within 3 days of online renewal.

All of the troubles some of you are having seem quite strange; although I wish you all the best in getting your documents squared away during these times.

Well, it is the Federal Gov't we're dealing with here. :E Doh:

I've been waiting to send mine off until an October trip to Norway was definitively cancelled. I'll send it tomorrow. I see the National Passport Processing Center just went from Phase 1 to Phase 2 today.

Further checking shows:
**As of August 28, we have completed processing applications received in March and are 82 percent through the applications received in April, May, and June. Due to nationwide variations in staffing and the type of applications, some of our passport agencies and centers are already working on applications received in July and August.

At the same page they give the number of applications received and processed for the last few weeks as well as the backlog. They currently have a backlog of 938,000 passports and have averaged processing 200.000 per week for the last three weeks. So I'm hoping mine won't take that long to process... We'll see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlendaMccl

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!