Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
RSA, USA (MN, SD, ND, TX)
Hey all,
I was wondering about the process about getting European trophies back to the US. I know for African trophies most people do dip and pack then ship over to the states, is this the same for Europe? I see that in other places, like New Zealand, often times trophies can be brought back in checked luggage, can this be done for European trophies?
I am asking because I have seen very expensive dip/pack and shipping prices for African trophies. I am trying to plan a muntjac trip for 2023, would have been this year but our vacation got postponed, to the UK want it to stay at a reasonable price.
Thanks

I would just have your guide boil out and bleach the skulls as part of your trip and take them back with you in hold luggage. I also know several people have posted boiled and bleached skulls to the US with no issues as long as theyre not CITIES.

I would just have your guide boil out and bleach the skulls as part of your trip and take them back with you in hold luggage. I also know several people have posted boiled and bleached skulls to the US with no issues as long as theyre not CITIES.
I figured as much with skulls but I was more concerned about the hides. Do they just have to be salted?

I figured as much with skulls but I was more concerned about the hides. Do they just have to be salted?
Not sure im afraid but if youre going to get taxidermy work done, id do it in the UK. Its not like African species where lots of guys around the world have experience working with them. You want someone who has worked with them a lot, as they are a hard species to get right.

Hello, I live/work in Germany for the U.S. Gov & a member of Hunting Club that sponsors trips: Czech, Hungary, GB, Spain, Poland, etc.

I don’t recall any member returning w/ salt treated hides … salt: is a preservative not a treatment & I suspect moving an untreated animal product across International borders would be a Customs ‘nightmare in full bloom.’

First Class Trophy is a European based taxidermist (Denmark) that does allot of European & African species - maybe they have UK Rep. that can guide you on the process?

Happy Trails

Hello, I live/work in Germany for the U.S. Gov & a member of Hunting Club that sponsors trips: Czech, Hungary, GB, Spain, Poland, etc.

I don’t recall any member returning w/ salt treated hides … salt: is a preservative not a treatment & I suspect moving an untreated animal product across International borders would be a Customs ‘nightmare in full bloom.’

First Class Trophy is a European based taxidermist (Denmark) that does allot of European & African species - maybe they have UK Rep. that can guide you on the process?

Happy Trails
Ok Thanks, I will look into it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg