UPDATE South Africa open to US tourists!

TRAVEL EXPRESS

Sponsor
Since 2010
AH elite
Reviews
Reaction score
Website
www.travelexpressagency.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Safari Club International, Dallas Safari Club, Wild Sheep Foundation, Boone & Crockett Club, PHASA
UPDATE South Africa open to US tourists!
**All international travel will resume subject to the traveler providing a valid certificate of a negative test which was obtained not more than 72 hours before the date of travel
**In the event of the traveler's failure to submit a certificate of proof of a negative test, the traveler will be required to quarantine him or herself at his or her own cost
**International travel remains restricted to the following airports:
OR Tambo International Airport (Johannesburg)
Cape Town International Airport
King Shaka International Airport (Durban)
Full details in the government gazette:

125275166_4041858009161771_397260990431122092_n.png
125315830_4041858502495055_1680683116398060833_n.png

Attachments

• 43897gon1199s.pdf
    461 KB · Views: 205
This is beginning to sound promising!

If S.A opens up to U.S travelers in the near future i will postpone my upcoming trip the united states has possibly the worst covid record on earth unbelievable imho!!

If S.A opens up to U.S travelers in the near future i will postpone my upcoming trip the united states has possibly the worst covid record on earth unbelievable imho!!
Explain to me the difference between an American with a negative test vs a Canadian with a negative test?

there are 94 active cases where i live. how many where you are i honestly cant believe you would even ask me such an ignorant question. Are you drinking the Donald coolade or what?

there are 94 active cases where i live. how many where you are i honestly cant believe you would even ask me such an ignorant question. Are you drinking the Donald coolade or what?
Hopefully an American gets your spot while you stay scared watching the news. But be warned, starting January 20th it will start telling you we are moving in the right direction though, so you might have to actually think for yourself

I'll ask it again for 375Fox: what's the difference in a negative test in America vs negative test in Canada? How can I ask such an "ignorant" question? Here's how:

Are you considering population densities in your case count comparison? Or how many people are being tested? Do you believe the reported numbers of cases/deaths, or is it reasonable to consider that places like Russia or China may be hiding numbers compared to America and their corrupt MSM over-reporting?

Obviously you have a right to your opinion and I wont suggest that it is ignorant to want to minimize your own chances of exposure. Totally sensible and within your self rights to do so if you feel it necessary. But I will revert back to the original question: if two people both have negative tests, why would they need to worry about it?

Good!! Stay home with your not so humble opinion!!

The difference is that test has to be 72 hrs before you fly who knows what goes on in that timespan. I didnt mean to sound pissy you are right its my choice i haad just finished reading another post where one member claimed canadians recieve welfare from americans that boy is a big ol paper tiger easy tosay shit like that On a forum come say it to my face he wouldnt do it a second time.sesstoppleman i couldnt give two shits what you think

The difference is that test has to be 72 hrs before you fly who knows what goes on in that timespan. I didnt mean to sound pissy you are right its my choice i haad just finished reading another post where one member claimed canadians recieve welfare from americans that boy is a big ol paper tiger easy tosay shit like that On a forum come say it to my face he wouldnt do it a second time.sesstoppleman i couldnt give two shits what you think
And this is what makes the ignore button so useful

My what a nice chap! Bet you're not married! Good thing we know not all Canuckers are like you. My son in law is one of your lot, a fine fellow he is too, wish we could say the same about you. With your extremely aggressive behavior I suspect you wont be around here for long. Good luck.

We have more tests, therefore we have more “cases”. We are in a Casedemic now. It will all get better just give it some time.
Philip

Sadly, between the virus and elections we are all on edge wanting to get our lives back including myself. I have a very ill daughter. I’m having to raise our 14 year old granddaughter. Had to cancel my granddaughter’s and my trip to Africa. A water line broke in July and flooded my man cave (still working on it). Now I’ve discovered there are cracks in the drywall as well as brick facia coming loose. Just had two molars pulled and trying to build up bone for an implant (requires an operation on my sinuses). Starving before a colonoscopy this week.

But I’m still kicking and still exercising 3x a week! And I know others much worse off than I am very ill and barely surviving. I have had a very lucky charmed life!

Sadly, between the virus and elections we are all on edge wanting to get our lives back including myself. I have a very ill daughter. I’m having to raise our 14 year old granddaughter. Had to cancel my granddaughter’s and my trip to Africa. A water line broke in July and flooded my man cave (still working on it). Now I’ve discovered there are cracks in the drywall as well as brick facia coming loose. Just had two molars pulled and trying to build up bone for an implant (requires an operation on my sinuses). Starving before a colonoscopy this week.

But I’m still kicking and still exercising 3x a week! And I know others much worse off than I am very ill and barely surviving. I have had a very lucky charmed life!
Its 2020, worst year I can remember for problems for everyone! We had the water main thing too recently, set me back about 5K. My wife is doing the same thing with a tooth as you, exactly. I have had my own health issues though relatively minor, but very annoying at times.
Lets all hope next year is better, but frankly I am skeptical.

Man ! Just wish things get better for you :D Cheers:

I have a question related to Lori’s ORIGINAL post. Don’t want to get into the Covid argument here!

Does anyone know what is going to happen with South African Airlines tickets that were cancelled for summer 2020? I and my wife were booked to travel JFK to Johannesburg—Port Elizabeth (hunt that area), then fly to Cape Town for a few days, then back to Johannesburg and then home.

I would hope that any company taking over the routes would honor tickets, but of course that may be wishful thinking. We would be able to travel in summer 2021, fingers crossed, but are not in the position to buy another set of plane tickets.

Could hunters and PHs raise this issue with SAA or whomever is overseeing a transfer of its assets? Not sure if that is happening, but I can see how the factors of what we bring to the local economies, and making the honoring of tickets part of the ‘price’ of obtaining what may be lucrative routes, might be a timely discussion.

Any insight would be most appreciated. Thank you.

This may be a start @hunterlawyer, see:

You should have been offered either a refund or hold tickets for later. I opted for a full refund on my cancelled Emirates tickets since the future is so unclear as yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg