Unique Zebra Mount - King's Taxidermy Namibia

MMAL

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
Thought I would share my sons's zebra mount. I had never seen this type of mount before the hunt but was shown a picture and my son loved it. Thought it came out great.

zebra.jpg

And I thought we were friends Brickburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stand corrected

And I thought we were friends Brickburn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stand corrected

As soon as hunters like something Taxidermists jump on it and it is soon available all over the place.

We can still be friends. :D

Yup My next zebra will be like this but this has been around for over 3 years already. They are starting to do this with almost all the animals now if you look around at some of the shops.

Looks really nice and you should be happy with the end product

YA old stuff....:LOL:

@MMAL yours looks different than the demaskes. I like yours. My tahr demaske weighed about 100 lbs. Dennis told me the large zebra demaske will typically weigh over 200 lbs. your son's has a similar look, but I bet it is lighter. any idea on weight?

Thought I would share my sons's zebra mount. I had never seen this type of mount before the hunt but was shown a picture and my son loved it. Thought it came out great.

View attachment 170310

I think it is stunning! Your son should be proud. And these jaded souls here should just.....:eek:....:D

Pack of party poopers !
Wish I had a mount like that at his age !
Most Excellent Mmal .

Love the shield, will do that next time.

Anyone have any examples of Gemsbok / oryx or other animals done as toile or demask mounts?

My son wants to see options.

I was thinking a demask of an Oryx on a wood and hide background the shape of New Mexico (rather than Africa) would give the piece a unique look.

Not sure of how to present an Oryx other than a pedestal or demask to deal with ceiling height issues?

View attachment 170310
Kings is handling my dip/pack of my recent safari Leopard/etc. What was your overall experience with them?

Looks great to my eyes! Your son should be very happy!

Your son loves it , they are very Unique!!! . I started making them in about 5+ years ago and in 2014 and won The MICHIGAN Open Wildlife Art Competion with one. It made the rounds on the internet with 10's of thousands of hits and likes and hunting forums such as this one. Also came up with the name Damaske. We make then big or small and really pieces of art, with flowing skin and rolls as a soft skin looks like not hard like a mounted zebra, not flat to the panel.
A few 2 Big Burchells and Mountian Zebra
13392256_1051321184943261_5331737129850486753_o.jpg

IMG_0538 (17).jpg

IMG_0544 (7).jpg

DSCN6936 (7).jpg

DSCN6937 (4).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have looked at photos of Dennis work a couple years, Beautiful work. Easy to see he has knowledge of animals and all of the ability in the world to make them alive again. Expecting my cape buff from him before long. Hoping to add a sable later this summer. Good work Dennis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg