Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
I am getting closer to getting my bunk room at Lake Fork, Texas completed. I have another room that is exactly this size through the side door that is only framed out. There is a lot of wiring left to complete plus shower and kitchen, but I am getting there. The two rooms are only 625 sq. ft. so I have limited space, but you can pack in a lot of animals if your ceilings are tall enough.

I will have a pool table/recreation room in the adjoining this trophy room. People always ask where I keep the big bass from Lake Fork. I will need to catch them first.

I still have a full body Tahr, Full Body Chamois, and shoulder mount on Rusa from New Zealand so getting the recreation room completed is a top priority. I have a 3rd trip to Africa coming up in August. I need to slow down!

I will post some pictures when I get the room completed. I will have a professional photographer to shoot the bunk house like I did for my main house. The photographer did a very neat walk-through interactive video of my lake house a few weeks ago. The walk through makes a great reference for insurance.
Trophy1.jpg
Trophy2.jpg
Trophy3.jpg
Trophy4.jpg
Trophy5.jpg
Trophy6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome!

Lot of memories in that room.

Looks great!

Looking good. Any favorite hunts among those in the photos? Love the red stag. I'm chasing them in Argentina this spring. Did you post a topic about your main house also?

No post on my main house. All the trophies are in the mancave/bunk house.

My favorite hunt is a tie between New Zealand Tahr and South Africa Limpopo Bushbuck. Only disappointment was the Bushbuck cape arrived at taxidermy in bad shape. Still may be my favorite hunt story.

I was hunting bushbuck in Limpopo when we spotted a bushbuck hiding in a bush, go figure. I took a shoot with my 300 WSM but hit a limb or maybe I missed. The next day we search for another bushbuck and finally we came across another bushbuck hidden behind a bush again but this time I waited for a clean shot. He stepped out of the cover and I made a good shot. As we approached the bushbuck my guide and I realized it was the same bushbuck in the same spot as the previous day, go figure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross