Interesting

So, is this a created environment? Are there indigenous species there?

Very interesting!

I spend a few days in the UAE every year (work).. Im thinking this could be a neat little side trip/excursion the next time I pass through.. I'll actually be in Abu Dhabi in a few weeks.. only for a few hours layover this time though..

It looks like its not more than about an hour from Abu Dhabi, and maybe an hour and a half from Dubai (the best I can tell from the map)..

Are there indigenous species there?

Arabian oryx is local traditional icon, and symbol. So, yes, indigenous species.
It was extinguished in the wild, reintroduction was made in recent decades from various zoo's. Considering that it is possible to hunt now, probably the price will be high. But, nevertheless, being possible to hunt it is conservation success!

Black tailed gazzele, probably introduced - Eurasian species.
Mountain Gazelle, middle east species, probably introduced.

Arabian oryx is local traditional icon, and symbol. So, yes, indigenous species.
It was extinguished in the wild, reintroduction was made in recent decades from various zoo's. Considering that it is possible to hunt now, probably the price will be high. But, nevertheless, being possible to hunt it is conservation success!

Black tailed gazzele, probably introduced - Eurasian species.
Mountain Gazelle, middle east species, probably introduced.
The mountain gazelle is probably native to UAE, goitered/blacktailed/Arabian sand gazelle are native to UAE. Sand gazelle is a subspecie. The cost will be high as this a World Luxury Award winner. The animals free range on 5000 acres The area is enclosed and surrounded with camel proofed fencing to protect the natural plant diversities, the biodiversity against domesticated animals and over utilization of animals such as camels. You cannot bring your own firearm. There are loaner rifles.
Make: RX-Helix Merkel: a straight pull bolt action rifle

Caliber: .308 & .243

Optical Devices
scopes -> Swarovski Z6i
There is no info on bows.
PH: Hans Enslin
Small game:houbara and hare (falconry) maybe bow or shotgun.
https://www.telalresort.ae/en/falconry-hunting/

Make: RX-Helix Merkel: a straight pull bolt action rifle

Tom, thanks for update!

It doesn't surprise for Merkel. German factory is bought by local Abu Dhabi company some years ago.

I have often had my head glued to the plane window flying into and out of Dubai,there are so many mountains in such barren country that you just know that there are very few people that ever go into it.Tough hot mountainous areas that as I have oft thought 'must have some sort of sheep/goats in it'
Having a look at that video to me it seems like a big pen and the animals not too wild.

I guess I am resurrecting an old thread, but I am headed to the UAE tomorrow and will be hunting these animals while I am there. I will be using my bow.

Wish me luck!!

I guess I am resurrecting an old thread, but I am headed to the UAE tomorrow and will be hunting these animals while I am there. I will be using my bow.

Wish me luck!!

Good luck.

Pls let us know everything.
I contacted them by email, but never got reply. I contacted the resort directly, never got reply.

Best of luck @mrpoindexter ! Looking forward to hearing how it goes

I just got back from my hunt and will be submitting a hunt report. The UAE is on the Arabian Peninsula and technically part of Asia, but I suspect the members of the forum would be interested in hearing about the hunt?

The indigenous species are Arabian Oryx, Mountain Gazelle (Domani) and the Sand Gazelle (Reem). I have been informed that to this day, hunting is illegal in the whole of the UAE except for the 8,000 hectares that have been set aside for hunting on this property.

I will open a new thread later today when I can start the hunt report.

I just got back from my hunt and will be submitting a hunt report. The UAE is on the Arabian Peninsula and technically part of Asia, but I suspect the members of the forum would be interested in hearing about the hunt?

The indigenous species are Arabian Oryx, Mountain Gazelle (Domani) and the Sand Gazelle (Reem). I have been informed that to this day, hunting is illegal in the whole of the UAE except for the 8,000 hectares that have been set aside for hunting on this property.

I will open a new thread later today when I can start the hunt report.
The owner probably has high connections

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg