1. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    Hi, does anyone want to talk about Tsavo.
    I believe its a National Park now.
    Ive watched the Ghost and the Darkness a dozen time. I read the man eaters of Tsavo written by Colonel John Patterson who is depicted in the screen play

I like the scenery and the story.

Has anyone been there, is there anything of the original railway bridge, siding, quarry, camps etc?

TByrd, Ridgewalker and gizmo like this.

2. Ryan

Ryan AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Never been there. I can say you'll learn a lot more with the addition of this book. IMG_20190223_200127.jpeg

3. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    I found that book online secondhand in hardcover. I ordered that and the Maeaters of Tsavo.
    I just read a post here on Col. John Patterson and Tsavo in the famous hunters forum.
    The railroad was destroyed by the Germans but part of the stone foundations remain. That’s a start to.what I was asking about Tsavo. If the damage was in the First World War it makes it 100 years ago so I’d say it’s deteriorated

Ryan likes this.

4. Foxi

Foxi AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa-,Gwayi- + Save River.Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
    At the beginning of the war, it was disturbed and sabotaged.
    But never destroyed, the resources were not available.
    Because the troops of the German empire wanted to stop the supply of the British.
    But more than a few broken tracks and one or the other bridge did not come out, especially as Lettow Vorbeck was only on the run since late 1915.
    The Uganda Railway was completely on Kenyan territory.
    Never in Tansania and never -one marvels- never in Uganda.
    Regards
    Foxi
    (love the history of the UR)
    ce60bcc4f98c1428ffff8085fffffff0.jpg