Trophy shipment into Canada

adgunner

AH fanatic
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
821
Reaction score
728
Media
57
Hunting reports
Africa
6
Mex/S.Amer
1
Hunted
Canada (AB,SK,ON,QC,NB,NS) USA (TX,ME) South Africa (6) Argentina
Ok, so last years crate has finally made it in to Montreal ... it was supposed to arrive last wed but came in last night as my Kudu stopped for a couple of days partying in Qatar (actually you just got to love airlines that don't respect shipping schedules). So of course I am now deployed out of the country and have left my better half to pick up the crate ... one small catch, no paperwork with the crate! They are all busy looking for it now ... but just in case has anybody ever used scanned copies to clear Canadian customs?
 
One more thing, there is a Bontebok who was out partying with my Kudu, bringing CITES into the equation.
 
My Kudu was off partying in London. Had a smile on his face when he got here.

Some of my docs are copies but most originals. I wish I could say with certainty for you.

CITES might just make it more interesting.
The airline had better weigh in to help out on this one.
Certainly if storage costs become an issue.

Good luck.
 
It seems they are all looking for the missing paperwork ... I do remember your wayward Kudu ... I am pretty sure he was a trendsetter. The broker has contacted the airline ... hopefully they find it.
 
OK, so they finally made it. Mon was scheduled for the CFIA to come by but they never showed. CFIA rescheduled for Fri. They came by, inspected the crate at the warehouse and promptly forgot to send the report to our broker. She then went to Customs without the report, but luckily CFIA had sent it directly to Customs. The wait at the Customs was not too long and luckily she ended up paying only 13 % of the total taxidermy bill (I had heard many horror stories on how Customs sometimes calculate their ransom) . What a relief ! Off to the warehouse she went. Picture a line of transport trucks waiting at the bays for their cargo and our Santa Fe with its tiny trailer, too low to reach the platform... Comical picture topped off with two guys lifting the crate by hand onto the trailer. I am pretty sure the warehouse guys wouldn't have lifted a finger if I had been there :). A couple of photos of the crate .
dockcrate.jpg


They are now finally after a year , making it from the crate to the wall. Zebra mane is a little crushed, any tips for bringing it back up, just brush it?

Crate 1.jpg
 
Glad your customs officer did not go after you for the ransom. Congrats.

Show us these trophies on the wall.

Regarding the mane; Broken or bent hair?
 
Glad things are working out...(y)

Customs can be a bugger...
 
In regards to the mane, it is bent flat from being wrapped would like to get it to stand back up.
 
glad your trophies arrived , and you were blessed not to have to go through a yelling match with customs .adgunner.
enjoy them on your wall , don't forget to post some pictures once you finish playing musical heads ......

love the way you taxos are happy to share helpful ,handy hints to help us all out matt.
it really is a feather in your cap .....
 
I like happy endings. Glad to see you got everything through
 
Matt, thanks for the tip, will try it out. This is what it looks like now.
zebra mane1.jpg
zebramane2.jpg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,355
Messages
1,574,026
Members
169,886
Latest member
stanilandestateprotection
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

jnelson wrote on Jjhog's profile.
might think about getting these bullets to me
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top