AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Good morning. Like many the house has a number of nice mounts and with some more coming in the next few months, along with some of my wife's friends worry about the Kudu looking at them when they play ladies cards had to come up with a solution, (suggesting new friends got me the stinkeye look). I retired last year and my wife retires in a couple years so we did all our research into the possibility of moving closer to family in Texas or Colorado staying here etc. We decided to stay here and had our realtor friend show us a ton of properties that were all bigger, but didn't meet the requirements for garage space, work shop and trophy room space. Plus they were just a lot more $$$ than we wanted to spend, also I would still have to build a shop of trophy room.... So back to square one. We love our house, just the right size, in a great location and will be paid off before my wife retires. So I looked at adding a room addition, lots of measurements, and several quotes for good builders and we decided to add the room. It will be 11ft by 30 foot with 11ft 6 in height down to 8 ft. Took all the suggestion made here on other peoples builds and we are well on the way to getting it finished. at the drywall stage now. Will update as we go along.

IMG_2906.JPG
IMG_2929.JPG
IMG_2938.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Looks like that’s going to work out gray! Cant wait to see the end product!
I HAD a girlfriend that was going to have her beatnik anti friend come for a few days. I figured I could tolerate that, figured I would just put in some extra time beating the hell out of my liver at the pub before I came home. But then she said she was going to cover my mounts up so it didn’t offend her friend! I told her that was not going to happen and if I came home and they were covered I would remove the bed sheets from my kudu and elk so I could wrap their bodies in for the ride to the bay! I guess it is just me but if I get invited to someone’s home and they have Obama and Hillary pictures all over the wall I’m not gonna be offended, I would know they are batshit crazy but would not say anything to them. Well I can’t lie, I probably would have to say something like that is a different contraception method than I’ve ever seen having pictures of Hillary around the house would definitely keep the old libido down! Lol. People are odd, great job keeping peace!
Cheers,
Cody

cagkt3

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, SCI - West Texas Chapter, HSC, NRA Life Member, Ducks Unlimited
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, OK, TX, UT, KS
Looks like it should be a nice addition! Was 11ft all you wanted to go, or did you bump up to a property line?

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Awesome!! Look forward to the updates as it progresses!

thi9elsp

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member: Buckmasters, NRA, RMEF, DSC, SCI, and CCA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique
I'm excited to come along on the journey - that should be a really nice size.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Awesome, any way to pour a vault for a walk in gun safe? I put one in our retirement home, best design feature in the house!

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Good for you Dave!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Great planning! Love it!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

ActionBob

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
Congrats Dave(y) I love the general plan! Really excited to see how it turns out.

Personally I just cannot quite make those long term house decisions yet. Not sure how long I can stay in this Land of 10,000 taxes... I can handle a couple more years for sure, and by then the house is going to be pretty full of mounts;) 7 crates on the way :)

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
The 11ft is what the current house has and to match the roof line as the room was extended out, and was what worked out best.
Planning on doing a latticed AS500 gun vault in a different room as of right now. Thought about the poured concrete, but wanted the most room possible.

Was looking at the flooring and lighting today.

@ActionBob Crates are easy to build and I am sure repacking to go to a lower taxed location will work, our taxes ore less than most and a bit higher than a few others, tried to talk my Southern lady into Alaska:whistle: She said summers were ok but $%&(*%$# to the winters. Looked at Texas and staying put here in AZ won out by a small margin, mostly we had both moved way to many times and are happy here and know who to visit our friends in AK and TX. That said I do believe that my truck and med sized trailer could carry 6-8 crates.

AZDAVE

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Well I am long overdue to post an update. We have the trophy room 99% finished. Putting the last couple coats of finish on the mesquite pass through shelf between the kitchen and trophy room. We started moving some of the trophies into the space, waiting for last years to be finished and get shipped. several of the group that went with us last year have started receiving their shipments.

IMG_3224.JPG
IMG_3225.JPG
IMG_3226.JPG
IMG_3227.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia

mdwest

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
Very Nice!

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Looks nice with good spacing.

Wheels

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Zimbabwe
It looks great Dave. Very tastefully done.(y)

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Very well done Dave! Going to look terrific.

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
I like it Dave! That shield is impressive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Urocchhgf

Latest profile posts

Pondoro wrote on Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS's profile.
Hello...could you please pm me regarding what species available on this fly-camp offer....can cape buffalo be taken for instance..? Trophy prices..?
matt vejar wrote on kevin masters's profile.
Kevin,
Played rookie league for the Yankees in Paintsville after winning the College World Series at Fullerton State, in1979. All I could think about was the movie “Deliverance”- lived up in a hollow with some other players. Refused to go on a moonshine run because it was a dry county-no way. Met some of the nicest people on the planet there! Van Lear the home of Loretta Lynn was highlight of summer LOL.
Tally-Ho HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.