Trophy Import Question

Daktari

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jun 14, 2017
Messages
288
Reaction score
512
Media
3
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
3
Hunted
US: FL, ME
Hello do you know if your animal will be imported to your country prior to the hunt or do you roll the dice after its concluded?
 
Hello do you know if your animal will be imported to your country prior to the hunt or do you roll the dice after its concluded?

I do my research and know this before hunt is even booked. You should know before hand, not after you have taken it. I know my Lioness hunt that I have booked for this year is non importable to USA. But that is my choice as I want to hunt one while I am still able to. I have made arrangements for taxidermy in South Africa and with outfitter for it to stay at his lodge with paperwork just incase one day it might be.
 
You need to or should make arrangements to have them imported. Some will wait until after the hunt but for me that is way too late.

On my hunt I had everything already arranged from the time that I pulled the trigger until I picked the heads up at my taxidermist. There are forums that need to be signed and I had given power of attorney to work on by behalf to the importer that I hired.
 
You should confirm anything that you want to import is allowable ie CITIES allows leopards from some countries, but not other countries. I have had 2 great experiences with Namibia taxidermist and exporter, not very happy with service from RSA taxidermist (which I found out later had a negative review here on AH from several years before I went to RSA). Right now shipping is delayed and costs are high, so those things might impact your decision about just dip and ship or having them processed in Africa.
 
As a man once told me, "Investigate, before you invest." Always found that to be pretty solid advice.
 
So by knowing before hand, y'all mean you apply for CITES permits before the hunt starts correct? Does USFW get back to you in timely manner?
 
What are you planning on hunting and thinking of bringing back home?
 
I dont have any immediate plans just mostly planning for the future.
 
You should have a good idea of what is importable before you go. First thing is to check if it is a CITES animal then go from there.
Where are you hunting and what? Have you booked your hunt or just deciding?
Always here to help.
Philip
 
@Philip Glass Thank you Philip! I'm just planning for future. Was wondering if white rhino in SA were currently importable?
 
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.29 AM.png
    676.8 KB · Views: 162
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.31 AM.png
    754.1 KB · Views: 163
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 8.33.32 AM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 152

Forum statistics

Threads
70,305
Messages
1,572,249
Members
169,514
Latest member
ChesterMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top