Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
Signature Travel Insurance by Global Rescue

Global Rescue now provides their members a comprehensive one-stop protection wherever they go. Signature Travel Insurance policies start at just $20, and are priced on a trip-by-trip basis depending on the duration and total cost of the trip.

Travel Insurance Highlights:
  • Trip cancellation insured up to $100,000
  • Trip interruption insured up to 150% of trip cost insured
  • Up to $2,500 for lost luggage/baggage delay
  • $100,000 emergency medical/dental coverage
  • $100,000 common carrier AD&D coverage
  • Up to $2,500 for sports equipment rental
  • Cancel-for-any-reason coverage 75% of trip cost
  • Interrupt-for-any-reason coverage 75% of trip cost

For more information see flyer below or download attached pdf file.

Please contact Global Rescue if you have any questions.

Travel_Insurance_Pricing.jpg

Attachments

• Travel_Insurance_Pricing.pdf
    522.4 KB · Views: 594
This is awesome!

I had to use my trip cancellation insurance for the first time last month when my fishing trip to great barrier reef was cancelled due to Gale-force winds out past Lizard Island. Thank goodness I had that insurance. Well worth the money.

I would rather deal with a hunter-friendly company like Global Rescue anyway.

Global Rescue - How TotalCare Works

Your Pre-Travel Guide to Passports and Visas

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to detract from a site sponsor but what other travel insurance companies have members on here used? Any feedback on these companies? Has anyone had to use Global Rescue?

Not to detract from a site sponsor but what other travel insurance companies have members on here used? Any feedback on these companies? Has anyone had to use Global Rescue?
Both Global Rescue and Ripcord are good companies. I happened to use Ripcord and they got me out of a sticky situation in CAR in 2016 but I wouldn’t hesitate to use Global Rescue as well.

Go back to TBH :ROFLMAO:.

I have purchased a two week policy from GR for their medical services evac coverage but not for trip insurance per se. And that was only bc I was going to very rural Zim. If I remember correctly you are going to SA, so probably not a great need for medical evac stuff unless you have preexisting condition.

I have purchased from GR twice, because I need the Security coverage, which is not sold separately. I have Medical Evac with my AMEX Platinum card.

Go back to TBH :ROFLMAO:.

I have purchased a two week policy from GR for their medical services evac coverage but not for trip insurance per se. And that was only bc I was going to very rural Zim. If I remember correctly you are going to SA, so probably not a great need for medical evac stuff unless you have preexisting condition.
Lol. I'm thinking you're right and I only need trip insurance. Gonna keep looking. I have time.

Found this website and it offers a lot of different policies with different coverages. I feel compelled to get insurance because I am a DieHard bowhunter and if my bow doesn't show up with me, I want some cash to run to the nearest archery shop so I'm hunting the very next day.

So, I've also learned that if you're going to buy trip insurance, you should buy it at the same time you book your hunt or buy your plane tickets (whichever comes first). Doing so means you will be eligible for "cancel for any reason" coverage.

Just an update. I purchased one of the more affordable policies from the website I posted on here. I am strictly a bowhunter and was unwilling to use a rifle so I wanted to be sure I could buy a replacement if my bow didn't make the trip. We didn't have any luggage issues but on our return flight we were delayed causing a missed connection. We stayed in the hotel in the Frankfurt airport which was ridiculously expensive (at least for this poor Meskin). The insurance company reimbursed us the cost of the hotel twice (since we were both insured) and surely would have reimbursed us for our meals if I'd have kept the receipt. The policy saved us more than we spent so I would say it was worth it.

For my trip in 2020 I bought travel/medical insurance in 2019 when I paid my hunt deposit. Buying early allows for preexisting conditions health wise. Trip was cancelled because of Covid and insurance company let my move coverage to the next year. That trip was also cancelled due to Covid and the company let me move coverage again at no additional cost. I had to cancel my third trip due to my wife’s illness and again coverage was moved to a new date. Finally in 2023 I was able to make my hunt (my wife was feeling terrible but didn’t tell me as she was afraid I wouldn’t go if I knew). My main concern was the medical portion of the insurance as I’m in my 70’s and Medicare won’t cover claims out of the US. It doesn’t take much to rack up tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical costs. I don’t know if it’s true but I‘be heard you can’t leave the country without paying the hospital bill. Thankfully I never had to make a claim but peace of mind was worth it. Trip cancellation insurance is not near as important as the medical insurance to me especially if you’re booked with a quality outfit, mine letting me move my hunt three times at no additional cost.

You're right in regard to payment in the foreign country. An acquaintance of mine and wife were in Switzerland this spring. The wife had a medical incident and since Medicare wouldn't cover and they wouldn't take health insurance from a U.S. company, they had to pay $40,000 before the hospital would treat them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,