traveling with a bow to SA

The Afton House, is very good at anything you are looking at doing, while at Tambo International Airport....I recommend them...very professional. They know all the right people to get things done at the airport.

I contacted Annelise at Afton by email and she said YES they STILL do the gun permits. There were some issues with permitting after her husband died, but they still do it and are updating the website etc. now. She asks that those interested in the service to please email at aftongh@netactive.co.za.

Thanks guys, I have contacted them. I also doubt there is enough time, but i believe all my paperwork is in order anyway.

I noticed that the Afton House no longer does the expediting service. Looks as if they only can meet you once you leave customs. Does anyone else use an expediting service? I have my 4457, letter of invitation and the South African Police forms filled out correctly. I also have 3 hours between my JoBerg flight and my flight out to P Elizabeth. What would be everyone's recommendations???? Leaving in 16 days!!

If I understand correctly, you only have 16 days left before you leave? if this is true You will not be able to use any expediting service. You have to have the paperwork min 21 days before your arrival. I used riflepermits.com for my imports the end of this month. There rule is 21 days before you arive(some others are 25 days). Cost was $90 a gun. $119 to FedEx paperwork(that was last min...could be done for less) hope this helps, any other questions please feel free to ask.

When I sent my paperwork to Afton in '09, I used USPS world priority mail and it took about 10 days to get there, but only cost about 30 bucks if I recall. Takes time but saves money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois