Travel to Namibia

Especially if flying with firearms, use an experienced hunting travel agent and forget using your free flight points. I use Gracy Travel. They will have it all sorted and tell you to check all the way through or claim bags and recheck. If going through Joberg, Gracy has people on the ground in Joberg to get you rechecked with Airlink and you are taken to the front of the line!

I do try to avoid Joberg if possible. If prices are reasonably close, I prefer going through Frankfurt, Paris or Doha. It’s a shame that Qatar Airlines discontinued their flight directly to Windhoek from Doha.

Save your flight points for domestic travel with or without firearms. What if the airline changes their schedule while you’re in safari camp? What if you need to leave early or stay longer? How are you going to handle things from camp with firearms without a travel agent? I have had things change and Gracy deals with it while I am hunting. Much less stressful but a bit more expensive. Compared to the safari cost, the travel agent fees are cheap and they provide all details and help with firearm permits as well.
 
Especially if flying with firearms, use an experienced hunting travel agent and forget using your free flight points. I use Gracy Travel. They will have it all sorted and tell you to check all the way through or claim bags and recheck. If going through Joberg, Gracy has people on the ground in Joberg to get you rechecked with Airlink and you are taken to the front of the line!

I do try to avoid Joberg if possible. If prices are reasonably close, I prefer going through Frankfurt, Paris or Doha. It’s a shame that Qatar Airlines discontinued their flight directly to Windhoek from Doha.

Save your flight points for domestic travel with or without firearms. What if the airline changes their schedule while you’re in safari camp? What if you need to leave early or stay longer? How are you going to handle things from camp with firearms without a travel agent? I have had things change and Gracy deals with it while I am hunting. Much less stressful but a bit more expensive. Compared to the safari cost, the travel agent fees are cheap and they provide all details and help with firearm permits as well.
Yep, I use travel express. Just to late to call at midnight and I was curious :ROFLMAO:

And ditto on the Qatar direct to Windhoek.. such a bummer it’s gone. What I did in 2023

Now I’m headed back to Namib but doing the over night stay in Joburg and then short flight to Nam in morning.
I’m looking at the bright side - nice dinner at Africa Sky (VIP customs and fire arm service) and get some good sleep and show up to camp rested.
 
Yep, I use travel express. Just to late to call at midnight and I was curious :ROFLMAO:

And ditto on the Qatar direct to Windhoek.. such a bummer it’s gone. What I did in 2023

Now I’m headed back to Namib but doing the over night stay in Joburg and then short flight to Nam in morning.
I’m looking at the bright side - nice dinner at Africa Sky (VIP customs and fire arm service) and get some good sleep and show up to camp rested.
I’m sorry but I was just responding in general to the overall topic and OP, not to your post.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,743
Members
169,406
Latest member
TheresaR90
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top