Travel through Germany with firearm

Ls1cwby

New member
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
4
I will be traveling to Windhoek Namibia and going through Germany. We would like to spend a couple days in Germany on the return. Is there a way to store a gun while touring in Germany? Who would I contact?
 
.

Hugely complicated & simple answer is not to try. To bring a gun into Germany you would need a ¨visitors gun permit¨ - even for storage - which is obtained from a regional State / Town Hunting Authority & requires an invite, insurance etc etc etc. Lots & lots of hoops to jump through & no guarantees.

If you really want to visit Germany then the easiest would be to use PH rifles in Namibia ......

This is from someone (me) who lives in Germany, hunts, has two concessions, deals frequently with the weapons dept of the local police & is involved in the regional hunting association (Landesjagdverband).

Sorry I could not be more positive ......

.
 
Yikes. Ill be passing through but not staying on my way to Serbia. Gracy travel did not act like it was a big deal
 
My son and I did that fourteen years ago. We went through Frankfurt going to Windhoek. On the return trip we wanted a week's layover to visit my wife you was visiting her family in Belgium. I used Tarvel with Guns as my travel agent. They made it work but it took some effort if I remember right.

The only hickup we had was collecting our guns from the German Customs. They wanted the Airline to pickup the guns from them, but the airline wanted Customs to bring the guns to them. Part of the problem was there are two terminals. Customs in one and the airline was in the other. I think it took about two hours to resolve the pissing match. We made our flight but just barely. Good Luck to you. Make sure you allow your self a fair amount of time.
 
I believe things have changed a lot in 14 years. Here, in Denmark, we do not need a permit for a silencer, and we have European weapon pass for our rifles. If we travel to or through Germany by car with a silencer without permit (and they apparently vary from state to state) we risk confiscation of rifle plus a huge fine. I would not dare going in or out of an international airport without whatever permits required. Can you do that in the US, I think not and we see the US as being much more lax when it comes to weapons than Europe?

Here in Denmark it would surely also be a no-go without the permits, which I don't even know how to obtain, but probably something like in Germany. Just importing a barrel (basically a steel pipe) is a major undertaking that can only be transported by specialised shippers.

My best bet would be to listen to Charlie64
 
Yikes. Ill be passing through but not staying on my way to Serbia. Gracy travel did not act like it was a big deal

Transit / passing thru is no issue - this specifically refers to coming into the country & wanting to store guns......


.
 
Your only option what I know is that you book a high seat hunt for a couple of days and store your weapon there. All other things are already said. And that is me being creative. ;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,795
Members
169,619
Latest member
CameronCou
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top