Tonight’s project

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
scrunching up behind sandbags on my metal job site box was steady but it was getting remarkably uncomfortable trying to zero my 404 that way. It has served me well for a decade, even with 400g ammo but this 430g load @2200 fps crossed some kind of line and was taking its toll.

I decided I needed a standup shooting bench so I could get a steady sandbag rest for zeroing but not wear myself out excessively. 100% scrounged material
from the barn and I didn’t have to cut anything.

It’s plenty heavy and steady but I can move it without too much trouble. Top is held on with a ratchet strap, so it comes off easily. Hope the weather is nice this weekend!

There’s part of me that is bothered by the fact that it has no diagonal bracing but 1) I don’t have the right clamps for that and 2) it is steady as is.

IMG_5220.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks solid Bert.

I and a bud fabbed this one. It folds up flat and fits in the bed of the pickup. Actually built it for a farmer that had neck problems and couldn't sit at a bench but could stand and shoot.
IMAG0064.jpg

I just added the "5th" leg to my Gunstix quad sticks. They are as solid as a bench, but a lot more portable. Also adjustable from standing to sitting.
1716706304974.jpeg

@Bert the Turtle good job. Every club range should have one for sighting purposes.

@Woodcarver - Thanks for the idea. I have a tripod I use for regular safari practice and a bipod I use for turkey hunting. A piece of 550 at the top and it’s steady as a rock. It won’t make it into the field, but for temporary range use it will be perfect.
1717188696772.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyWdi10

Latest profile posts

We bagged a big old buff with hunter from Norway check out our post!!

I live in Tyler Texas. I like Ruger single action revolvers Ruger rifles, and Marlin and Winchester lever guns.
SETH RINGER wrote on tracker12's profile.
PARTITIONS
SEND ME PAYMENT INFO, PLEASE AND THANKS.
Khalanyoni Game Ranch wrote on Joshlee0518's profile.
Hi Joshlee0518 (please let me know if you are fine being addressed like that),

Thought I would drop you a PM. It is super exciting to plan a hunt and we are more than happy to assist you. Have you given any thought yet to which species you would like to take?

What do you hunt usually and which weapons/calibers are you using?

Look forward to swapping experiences and ideas.

Happy hunting - Daniel
Our trophy shed is filling up and we are only getting started,