To buy or not to buy

Check into what it takes to have it shipped across the border, you will need to follow Canada and US law.

Can anyone tell me anything about Huskavarna rifles especially 1640's? Are they generally accurate? I'm considering one in .358 Norma Magnum. Very pretty wood...

View attachment 280808
Rick
Snap it up before someone else does. The Husky is a good solid action.
Bob

I did goggle seach it, and yes it is a CRF action. It's in Canada so Canadian dollars @$2000. ($1500 US?) Thing is I have a 35 Whelen in a Nosler and a CZ550 Safari in .375 HH. But this thing is so darn purdy![/QUOT
Ric
You can never have to many 35s. GET the Husky Norma then find a nice bolt action 35 Remington and have the trio.
Bob

Since Rich posted this over a year ago I suspect that either he purchased it or not; but regardless to that; the father of a girl that I was almost engaged to had an older Husky and he really liked it. A friend of mine in Oregon and most of his family use and consider the 358 Norma to be the best elk rifle ever invented.

Rick Cox, please answer the question, did you buy this rifle? If so how do you like it, range results etc. If not, why not?

if that rifle has an fn action, that is a plus.
the stock shape is far superior to the original design, and what you would have to replace the original with to make it decently useable.
then it has really nice wood.
the so called improved actions were not improved for the shooter, but for cheapening manufacturing.
this from what can be seen is a very desirable rifle.
the chambering has a good name for those whom it suits.
bruce.

IMG_1398.JPG
Rick Cox, please answer the question, did you buy this rifle? If so how do you like it, range results etc. If not, why not?
No I did not buy this rifle. It is a nice gun though. Well, I was sure about the Husky action. I'd like to have had some idea how it shot as well. I'd like to have seen it with a scope mounted, as it was
No I did not buy this rifle. Why? Well I did feel it was over priced and it was a bit of an unknown quantity. I did not know the fellow selling it (although he seemed like a decent sort) and there was no history. He could not tell me how it shot, how many rounds were down the tube etc.
What I did do is start looking for a Winchester Model 70 Supergrade - (pictured above) new - with highly figured wood in a 30-06 based caliber. I found one for a great price, bought it, and took it to a gunsmith to have it rebarreled to 35 Whelen. And yes, it is accurate.
I cannot delete the started paragraph above. Sorry for the double post...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj88ak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,