To Bridge or Not to Bridge - That is the question....

I do not really see the collectability in this actions? They are CNC-produced, semi finished products, made with DB, for a gunsmith to co complete to whatever the customer wants.

I had a 505 Gibbs built for me on a Granite Mountain Arms African Magnum Action which is a DSB a quarter rib to one standing Express sight ....
Have no desire to mount a Scope or Red Dot
I'm 66

Keep it DSB.

Two reasons. First is the rarity of the action. Secondly, I agree with @AZDAVE about mounting the red dot on the front bridge. Doing so (vs mounting closer to your eye) and shooting both eyes open will increase your field of view and situational awareness. Kinda important considering the game you intend to hunt.

This rifle is for sale right now on GI

1709144629828.png

What a gun!!!!

....IF.... I were to use a Red Dot this would be my choice as BeeMaa says farther away from eye both eyes open away from the action so as to not get in the way with loading and low to bore axis so cheek weld will be more natural
Image 2-13-20 at 8.21 AM.jpeg

....IF.... I were to use a Red Dot this would be my choice as BeeMaa says farther away from eye both eyes open away from the action so as to not get in the way with loading and low to bore axis so cheek weld will be more natural
View attachment 590001
This looks like a very low mounted red dot. anyone has experience with this model on double rifles?

This looks like a very low mounted red dot. anyone has experience with this model on double rifles?
That particular red dot is a Noblex QUICKsight 5.0 VR and is out of production but still available from MidwayUSA for less than $500 USD. Here is a picture that shows a little more...
1709153703440.png

I'm not sure about the mount in the picture that @zephyr posted. Maybe an adapter plate that screws into the quarter rib to provide a place to screw down the optic? Found this at Midwest Gun Works that could be made to fit a rifle with some drilling and tapping.
MGW Optic Plate

Attachments

• 1709154282432.png
    1709154282432.png
    5 KB · Views: 12
  • Beretta 80X Red Dot Optic Plate, Noblex: MGW.pdf
    371.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I prefer the look of a SSB I've had 2 of them now but I wouldn't do away with the DSB if I had it.

Reactions: DWB
Just a little bit concerning the history or collectability of the action, I actually bought the barrel from Mr DJ (Casey) Lewis who ran the Vektor project.

I ran the option of rounding the front bridge past him and he had no issue with it as long as it is done properly.

So it is something that was done to achieve a certain look.

But in the end I am all for sound decision making (well most of the time :ROFLMAO:)
My opinion you would be a fool to round off the one bridge....harsh but true.....these actions are very sought after and not obtainable....
Send my regards to Uncle Casey.....
I bet he said to leave ot as is but you could round off the one if you wanted to.....

Reactions: DWB
As mentioned above the Smithson mounts are very nice and many options such as a peep sight on the rear bridge and the option of mounting a red dot.You could also have an extra scope in mounts ready to go.

Thanks Gents. Doubt the Smithson mounts are an option in South Africa

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesDet

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.