Tipping Guides not cows

Whitworth375

AH veteran
Joined
Jan 30, 2016
Messages
106
Reaction score
328
Media
49
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
2
Hey all,

I am heading to Alberta next month for a 6.5 day 1x1 rifle mule deer/whitetail combo hunt. How much should i be tipping the outfitter? 10% is pretty standard correct? The outfitter told me last week that he may only be hunting with me or the 1st evening and then handing me off to one of his guides which is fine but, who should be getting the tip...the guide or outfitter? I'm planning on taking them a treat from the closest city here as a gift anyhow. Who would you tip and how much? Both? Guide only? I look forward to everyone's input and will be sure to post a report be it good or bad when i get home. Counting the days and chomping at the bit! :)

Thanks
 
Where in Alberta?!
 
I will be hunting near Cochrane. Any input on the areas deer population?
 
I would tip the guide personally if you are being handed off. He is the one that will be putting in the work for you. 10% sounds pretty good as a starting point. Go up or down depending on quality of the trip.
 
I would tip the guide personally if you are being handed off. He is the one that will be putting in the work for you. 10% sounds pretty good as a starting point. Go up or down depending on quality of the trip.
I would also do just as Cody has recommended
 
10% is good.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ack
The guide gets the tip!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,388
Messages
1,574,811
Members
170,177
Latest member
oncloudtilt
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top